Lake Geneva, Switzerland

I have a friend who is moving to Switzerland, near Lake Geneva (the town is Cully). She has an 8 year old son and wants to start sea kayaking. All I see online is ww kayaking in the area, which makes sense, but I promised I’d find out what I could.

Any Europeans out there with an idea where I can get them started?

Thanks…Lyn

Ask on
www.foldingkayaks.org A couple of folks there live on Lake Geneva

will do
thanks Chuck!

Great comeback from the shoulder injury!!

Lyn

How’s your German?
In December I visited a “kanu & kajak” exhibit (9 boats strong) in the Nordamerika Native Museum in Zurich. While there, I picked up a pamphlet for seekajak.ch, which I assume is a Swiss sea kayak association, but not so sure, since the pamphlet is in German. There’s a web site: www.seekajak.ch And, there’s a message board.

http://www.seekajak.ch/g_book/g_book.php

Guess what, it’s all in German. But, being a clever, message-board savy type, if you can figure out the interface, I believe a post in English would be effective. Most younger or urban, German-speaking Swiss seemed to have excellent English skills, so I think an English post might draw responses.

Good Luck,

Chip Walsh, Gambrills, MD

Thanks Chip
Great lead, and luckily one of my paddling partners is German.

Lyn

Paddling In Switzerland
Lyngo - Was your friend ever able to find out about paddling in Switzerland? In a couple of weeks I will start an extended work assignment just east of lake Geneva and was hoping to find a place that would rent a rec kayak so I could hit the lake 1 or 2 times while I was there.