Last Race of Season- D&R Canal Race

Greetings all!

New Jersey offers one of the last races of the season on November 23rd call the D&R Canal Race.

As noted on the website below this a 10.6 mile race with three portages , all on canal waters.

http://www.hicom.net/~danmar/DandR-CR.html

It has always drawn a good regional crowd, however this year it’d be great to see more folks coming down. The venue is less than an hour south of NYC, all flat water so it is very conducive to racers new to the scene and hardcore athletes ready to battle it (surfski,K1 etc) out for the season finale.

Many of us trained hard for the Mayor’s Cup so this will be a great way to cap off a growing racing scene in the Northeast.

Some of the top dogs representing the Garden State- past Olympic hopeful and course record holder Sean Brennen, two time national champ Craig Impens, perennial class winner Joe Ervin, Lars “Commando” Linde, with many more sleepers that come out for the finale.

NYC is sending down their racers with the help of Marcus Demuth and friends. Mark Ceconi is a past competitor (he just needs to convince the wife this is the LAST race of the year!!)

Couple notes of caution- it seems you need to preregister- I will contact race director to verify. Secondly, Craig Impens offers up a stern warning; the course is littered with downed fall foliage- heed the warning and install a leaf/weed deflector NOW!!!

Don’t hang up the paddles yet- pull out your weapon of choice- K1 , C1, K2, C2, OC1, OC2, surfski, touring, etc…

Let’s make the last race the best! Let’s all come out and Challenge the Canal!

Scott

:slight_smile:

Greetings again,

Seems to be the director needs us all to preregister-

NOVEMBER 17th

Please get yer 18 bucks in by…

NOVEMBER 17th

I see the director’s point- this is a staggered start and all the

times/particulars need to be firmed up in advance…

NOVEMBER 17th

so let’s all preregister by…

when…

that’s right…

NOVEMBER 17th

That is all…

carry on…

Scott

I’ll be there
Just registered.

Andy

Last race o the season CanalRace.org Oct
This race has been rescheduled for the last Sunday in October.

More information and registration is at http://CanalRace.org