LBL trip advice anyone?

I just bought my first canoe and am planning a trip to Kentucky Lake/Land between the Lakes area. I’ve never been before but it seems like it would be a good place for a beginer to try out a new boat. I am planning for a 3day trip, but it could be extended if need be, and would like to get in some good hiking as well. Anyone have any advice/suggestions? All info is appreciated.

LBL
If you are wanting to paddle the lakes I would recommend Lake Barkley near the KY/TN state line. This is a more secnic place with lots of small islands to paddle around and protect from the wind. Both of these lakes can get quite rought. Little River is about 10 miles east of LBL near Cadiz. It is a okay river. Current with some riffles. Put in at the Trigg/ Christian County line and take out at the second bridge. After that it gets slow. About 3 or 4 miles after the put in on river left is a nice cave to explore and it makes a nice cool place in summer to eat lunch. You would need to vehicles for Little River.

Check out my photos
of my LBL trip and make sure you read the captions. Go to http://community.webshots.com/user/giggs108 and click on LBL,Kentucky. There’s 3 albums there to look at. Stay in Piney campground in Tennessee-it’s in the lower portion of LBL.You’ll love this place!You might even see a redwolf! I did!