Legal means to bring down a drone?

unfortunately for you
(and anyone else in this predicament) is that since you’re in a public place you have no reasonable expectation of privacy. It’s the same as someone taking your picture. And breaking the drone would be akin to breaking a photographer’s camera; you could be charged.

Now, if your picture or video is actually USED in a publication you can sue.

As I said in the other forum, take it up with the city’s parks and rec director, they al;most certainly won’t appreciate people being harassed by drones.

Someone else said they do, and that’s
it’s a federal offense to target one.

Maybe a DNR issue? Migratory waterfowl
were present in the form of black crowned night heron.

There’s always a price.
It’s the price of being so darn pretty.

They usually fly far from me just as soon as they can get a good look at me.

spear?
Likely not legal, but fun

http://youtu.be/uhbuEUoxntQ

Clackers?

– Last Updated: Sep-21-16 11:02 AM EST –

...remember those? A DIY version made from two golf balls connected with 4 feet of monofilament would be easy to throw and might do the trick.

Or you could deploy your own drone catching drone:
http://gizmodo.com/this-drone-catches-another-by-firing-a-net-right-at-it-1752434937

Just watched the spear video - outstanding...

Bazinga!
Yaoner could switch to a Greenland kayak and carry a harpoon.

Sometimes harpoons go awry during practice.

Bucket Water Canon
Okay o your average bilge pump doesn’t produce a nice stream, but certain water canons designed to refill each shot (or several short burst), hold a good amount of water and will give a strong stream and decent range. Sadly this may not solve your troubles the better the drone is built. Good part is it’s light, you’ll always have ammo, and maybe can make it a decent secondary use and fun.

On that thought, the primary reason a bilge pump won’t work is that it is designed with a large port for quick evacuation of water…perhaps just adding a locked on nozzle to your pump.

Of the Airpowered options I’d build my own, it’s not to difficult and you can select a barrel sized best for wooden beads YOU can get a supply of. Why wood, it’s decently hard for the target and breaks down naturally (yes, please, unpainted/varnish/stained). The wood should be hard enough to if not damage the drone, at least make it impossible to fly. Likelihood though, your secret peeper will want to protect his drone and hopefully leave you alone completely (instead of trying to just keep out of reach).

Flare gun, you know those old flares are going to end up going to waste before you get to actually need them. Well, now you’ll have an excuse to use them. If anyone responds to it thinking you’need help tell them Drones have been buzzing you and you need to bring it down before you or someone else gets hurt.

A friend just reminded me you can take up falconry. Do I really need to explain the benefits and responsibilities? Remember to teach the Falcon the best attacks for each type of drone.

wifi jammers wont work
He almost for sure was using 2.4 gigahertz transmitter. Wifi is only used on super cheap quads. Very limited range. Flash lights/lazers useless . He will just move around. He most likely had GPS guidance on it too since he was flying out of sight. Physical contact will sure do it. There not very sturdy when hit by much of anything. Gets sucked up into the moving blades.

Had one above me last week while on a paddle BUT it was at least a 100 feet up. I waved and it took off after that. The pilot was on shore were I parked and took off when I came ashore. I didn’t care but maybe he thought I would.

I’ll type slow for you

– Last Updated: Sep-23-16 2:29 PM EST –

It became a federal offense to target one this year. Any stories you hear older than 6 months were before this ruling.

The plan the FAA supposedly has is to EVENTUALLY get all the other aircraft laws to apply.

If they make an exception for shooting them down, saying that they aren't aircraft subject to their rules, then they will never be able to make the other rules

hey that’s not bad

– Last Updated: Sep-23-16 2:48 PM EST –

I think you win Best Answer.

“Accidental” hit from a power washer
"So sorry it ruined your drone! ha ha ha"

A slingshot that a compadre shoots from a hidden spot nearby would be good. You wave arms at the drone and direct attention to where you are, and compadre fires at it from an unseen place.

Use fast, hard ammo that is predictable, not rocks.

daisy daisy give me
a break wudja…

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=slingshots

buy 2 extra slings

bag of 3/16ths ball bearings

practice …shoot squirrels.

use as many balls in one shot as is possible for you.

shooting at other people’s aircraft/property is not legal unless you are positioned for self defense.

I have no idea what that is relative to drones. Search in Google: Law drones self defense

Eagles are used in the Netherlands

– Last Updated: Sep-26-16 4:23 PM EST –

just watched it on the PBS Newshour weekend. They train the eagles to take out the drone because the operator is often very difficult to find. You can watch the news casts on their website. Here's another report:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dutch-police-use-eagles-to-take-down-illegal-drones/

canoeswithduckheads got it right.

There’s one coming …
http://www.wsj.com/articles/dji-heads-off-gopro-with-smart-compact-mavic-pro-drone-1474992325

The 2.4 ghz transmitter uses
spread spectrum modulation allowing it to use the same frequency for multi signals, like the GPS satellite system. The military uses SS because it difficult to jam.

Drone
While you feel harassed by the drone you can not do anything to the drone. Report it and go from there. Damaging the drone will just get you in trouble.

This post has made me curious
about what is going on in the RC world. I’m several generations removed from current RC technology and even back then I was more into control line and rubber free flight than RC. What I noticed in looking at the newer RC rigs is that they require a set-up step, called “binding”, that the old systems didn’t.

So is this step to put the receiver and transmitter on the same coded modulation system so as not to interfere with others operating at the same time on 2.4ghz? It looks like everything in RC aircraft is now 2.4… If so, wouldn’t “binding” the transmitter with a drone nearby put you on the same system and jam the signal just as used to happen with the old systems?

I don’t really like the look of what’s happening with these things… there’s no art to it as there was in the old days. There’s not much building going on, as far as I can see, and designing doesn’t seem to play any role at all for the fliers. Just throw down the bucks for a store bought drone or pre-made styro model, complete with markings etc., and go see if it flies. Where’s the hobby in that? Its a sport maybe, but not a hobby you can sink your teeth into.

But I have to admit, a couple weeks ago I was out on the Bois Brule river up north scouting a couple sets of rapids (Lenroot and May’s Ledges). The “fisherman’s trail” wasn’t always near the water and boulders and dense woods made it sometimes pretty hard to get a good look at the drops from shore. A drone would sure would have made easy work of that… I bet it won’t be too long before some of us are using them for that purpose and that maybe we’ll be learning routes through rapids on the internet before we even drive to the river.

Drone?
“Drone?” he groaned,

“What’s that, my friend?

I thought it Daenerys Targaryen,

who was up to hot tricks,

with her baby dragon.

don’t go lock’n me up in your paddy wagon!”

“Why, I’m King of the North!

Well, least of North Lake.

This heir appare’s err was to air cross my wake!

As if all’s her throne,

including Path of the Paddle!

My crossbow-bolt-lightning clears all Smaug in death’s rattle,

includin’ occasional copter,

four rotors a whirlin’,

I thought mythical creature, new dragon, By Merlin!

Pirated epics of R.R.‘s,

By George met J. talkin’,

but you say it’s by F.A.A. why to hoosegow I’m walkin’.”

Then
A need exists for a covert drone killer.

Describe your inviolate ‘wilderness experience volume’…HxLxW’

WEV