Legal means to bring down a drone?

Drone killing

– Last Updated: Oct-06-16 7:20 AM EST –

Well your question was how to take a drone down legally. Civilian drones are pretty light weight and flimsy so just about anything that you could manage to hit one with would probably bring it down. You can't legally shoot a drone down though and there are some pretty stiff laws protecting them. Legally those are aircraft. They are also some ones very expensive private property and they all have cameras onboard streaming footage back to an operators cellphone so if you do decide to kill a drone be sure to smile for the camera, you'll certainly get to watch the footage of the battle on your day in court.

I paddled a 340 mile race on the Missouri River in 2015 and again this year and I had drones hovering over me and also following me several times during both races. Never thought of taking one of them out though, I enjoyed finding the footage on the internet after both races.

differences

– Last Updated: Oct-06-16 10:33 AM EST –

an RC car or plane is meant for flying for entertainment. A drone is only a vessel to carry a camera with, the entertainment is probably in the video capture.

I approached a guy flying a drone to ask him if it was fun and how difficult it was. He just acted pissed off because his Iphone wireless connection was shot and he had to use the actual controller. It certainly didn't look difficult.

I'd love to have a gopro drone that looks like a miniature Chinook helicopter.