My primary uses:
Calling
Navigating
Photos ( I want more clarity)
Net searches
I use it for some data .
Usually less than 2 gig a month.
Tough enough to take a few drops.
Water resistant is nice. When I take it paddling it’s in a Pelican box.
I like a big screen.

MIne is a low end Samsung… $100 from Boost.
A necessary evil. Some talk some text smallest screen I could find use my laptop for everything else.
I know… not much help…

I use my phone for everything else, incl. doing my income tax return.

Find a used Motorola Droid Turbo 2. Screen is bullet proof. I’ve had mine for 2 years, takes great photos, has a fast processor, but not waterproof.

Watch for a sale on the Moto X4. I got one for $49 and it is a great phone, but if you do happen to get one–and this may be true for some other phones–be very cautious about updating the phone to a new operating system. I always look at reviews of major changes in the OS. In this case the Pie 9 update didn’t sound good, so I’ve decided to wait and see if a revised version comes along. Too many people said Pie 9 wrecked their phone.

Anyway, the Moto X4 is a fantastic phone for the price–even if you can’t find it at the price I did. The one I got is 32 gigs of internal storage and also takes an SD card of about any size. The 64 gig version runs about $100 more.

The X4 is rated as somewhat waterproof, but I wouldn’t ever want to test it. A case for this phone is absolutely essential, because without a case it’s a for sure dropper. It’s really slippery. I guess it would also be a good idea to outfit it with a tempered glass screen cover too if you’re going to be rough with it.

The phone has three cameras and so far it does more than I would ever do with it. One of the best things about the phone is the sound. I like to listen to music sometime and this thing is as good as my very high dollar Samsung tablet.

Best Buy is having a pretty good sale on a lot of phones right now. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/unlocked-mobile-phones/all-unlocked-cell-phones/pcmcat311200050005.c?id=pcmcat311200050005&qp=brand_facet%3DBrand~Motorola

@magooch said:
Best Buy is having a pretty good sale on a lot of phones right now. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/unlocked-mobile-phones/all-unlocked-cell-phones/pcmcat311200050005.c?id=pcmcat311200050005&qp=brand_facet%3DBrand~Motorola

Thanks! I’ll check them out.

Moto G6 32gb unlocked, $149 @ Costco. Best phone for the money.

@shiraz627 said:

Yeah, but the same phone is $79 at Best Buy. If I were in the market for a new phone, it would be the unlocked Moto X4 64 G at Best Buy for $99.00. These are new phones–not refurbished.
Best Buy gives you 14 days to return the phone if you don’t like it. I don’t know what Costco does, or even if you can demo the phone at Costco.

The regular price on the G6 is $249.00. The regular price on the X4–64G is $419.00. I can only say that I really like my X4. I think it pays to look at as many reviews as you can find and actually check them out at a store. Be sure to compare the sound, etc. I would not buy any phone by mail order.

@magooch said:

@shiraz627 said:

Yeah, but the same phone is $79 at Best Buy. If I were in the market for a new phone, it would be the unlocked Moto X4 64 G at Best Buy for $99.00. These are new phones–not refurbished.
Best Buy gives you 14 days to return the phone if you don’t like it. I don’t know what Costco does, or even if you can demo the phone at Costco.

The regular price on the G6 is $249.00. The regular price on the X4–64G is $419.00. I can only say that I really like my X4. I think it pays to look at as many reviews as you can find and actually check them out at a store. Be sure to compare the sound, etc. I would not buy any phone by mail order.

At Best Buy the price is $149 with activation(another ($200). Costco there is no activation fee. I have had a G4 for three years might be time to upgrade to the G6.

Costco is the best for returning items. One time I returned a high end sheet set after 2 years when it started to fall apart. They refunded me the price I paid.

Great phone at a fantastic price. https://costco.com/Moto-G6-Unlocked.product.100422868.html

The activation cost at Best Buy depends on your carrier and what kind of plan you choose. I also had the option of buying a G6 at Costco and almost did, but I’m glad I checked out the X4 at Best Buy. Even with the activation fee, the X4 was less than the G6 at Costco.

I don’t really have a preference of one store over the other–we are also Costco members and shop there quite often. Best Buy does offer a greater variety of phones to choose from and in this case, I’m very happy that I chose the Moto X4. Time will tell how this purchase turns out, but even if it craps out prematurely, it didn’t cost an arm and a leg.