Let's see your dogs, paddling or not

Great partners in any outdoor adventure.

Bella the Aussiedoodle.

6 Likes

Honey the Labradoodle.

2 Likes

Groot the neighbors Lab .

3 Likes

My grand-pup. Part Newfoundland and part Standard Poodle. Way too big for a kayak, but he does like cold water

3 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

5 Likes

In memory of Koa and Marley, gentle souls

Koa wanted to go with us more than any of them but we never had a boat that had room. He would swim through the surf in Tofino to try and join us and sit in the boats in the yard.:smiling_face_with_tear::disappointed:

3 Likes

Boater no kayaking for Giacomo. All muscle :muscle::muscle::muscle:. Very very very smart. Was a rescue at probably 10 months old. Lost two of his siblings in the last two years and his last one is 18 in days. If anything happened to any of them he goes nuts barking and running for us to come. Last sibling gets up now to walk and pee he wakes us up at night as soon as she moves. Michelle was dreaming and he thought something was wrong because she has seizures sometimes. He ran over to her and stood over her with his body. He swims good with a PFD and without it. Takes little breaking waves over his head and keeps going to shore with me at his side. Always has PFD on boating unless I’m by his side training him by the shore. He’s like Velcro on his Momma ALL the time. I’m just secondary for treats. He came up from TN to NY.

3 Likes

Where’s the ducks?

3 Likes

2 Likes

Here’s Reggie… 4 yrs old (now), 82 lbs, and is a Pitbull/Lab mix with Brindle coloring.

3 Likes

Ollie is a 60lb cattle dog and is my regular paddling companion. He presents some trim problems in my solo but no issues with the malecite.

6 Likes

Ommm, mane’, padme’ grrrrh.
Bit Buddha con from inside that fur.
Mums the word where these tongues unleash,
and some tales wag of the befriended beast.

1 Like

My little lap puppy
Olaf by Steve Zihn, on Flickr
And thinks he’s still that small.
449348164_811185617825118_4774652205342188837_n by Steve Zihn, on Flickr

7 Likes

Doing a little “sit down” SUPing at 14 years old(the dog, but me acting that age.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

3 Likes

How does the SUP paddle ,or row? I’ve thought about one with a seat.

I added seat, foot brace and thigh straps to mine. Also removed the tracking fin, as I use it mostly in rock filled whitewater streams. There is more yaw without the tracking fin, but I find course correction/tracking about the same as using any 11 foot inflatable/keel-less rec kayak. I like being able to alternate between standing and sitting, as my now senior citizen legs can’t always go the distance upright. I also strongly recommend getting a cheap cigarette lighter plug-in air pump from like Walmart. Dynamite style hand pumps are a pain, good only for topping off the pressure, less ye flirt with coronary, no matter what one’s age. The boards are also always good for the occasional lay down on water rest/nap.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And of course, kneeling works too.
![IMG_20231010_132830207_HDR|225x500](

2 Likes

Kedzie waiting on the dock

2 Likes