Long Island NY south shore bays

I need to read the plan. They’re claiming climate change? They need to worry more about every road and property for blocks near the shore just running into the bays for decades. People throw trash down 5-10 feet away from trash cans. Local group SPLASH leaves blue plastic drums for people at remote beach spots. When I go there I see the lowlife scum drop garbage 5 feet away. Are they never coming back?

Google Photos

Pick up garbage nearly every visit.
Google Photos

Garbage can there and they just throw the cans next to it! WTF :rage::rage::rage:

I hate to break it to you, but the same thing can be seen in the middle of the woods, up in Harriman and the Catskills: people just dropping trash wherever they are standing. Covid didn’t help. More slobs needed a reason to get outside, so they went to the parks and just dropped trash Willy-nilly.

1 Like

PD the video did blame human behavior and the sad situation people cause is exacerbated by climate change, not caused by it. At least that is what I heard from the video.

Yes but are they going to stop all the deliberate run off into bays? That is a huge portion of the problem. They’ve been yapping for years and doing nothing.

Google Photos

They are everywhere just draining into the bays. They’re not fixing anything till they stop or filter it.

1 Like