Looking for reflective bungee cord

Trying to locate a place that has in STOCK reflective bungee cord 1/4 inch for Valley kayak. I am looking but cant find any. I found non reflective bungee but sure would prefer reflective bungee if its possible any more.

Amazon has it. Though I am not sure why you want it.

I have rigged with reflective perimeter line, which does a great job of outlining where the boat is to oncoming boaters at night. I am not sure that the same effect would be gained by having reflective bungie cord. Found lots of sources for reflective deck line including Top Kayaker.

1 Like

I ordered reflective deck line from KayakWaveology.com a couple months ago. Topkayaker.com should have reflective deck line also as stated above. Reflective bungee is a new item to me - have never seen it. Very happy with reflective deck line to outline the hull.

Reflective bungee or deck line? I know you said bungee. Some are speaking of two different choices here.

I heard “deck line”. Reflective bungee line is just too kinky - even for me.

And here is a flashlight lit comparison between the stock reflective deck line on my CD Prana and the new Lawson Products Glow Wire that I hung on my Eddyline.

Not a must have no. But nice when you have to go down to the river to your boat after setting up camp on a moonless night. maybe there is some safety element to it too?

I said bungee as that is exactly what I meant. NOT deck line. My bungee is shot my deck line is fine so I thought while replacing my bungee line I would get reflective. My Tiderace pace has reflective bungee and it shows up great. I could NOT find reflective bungee on amazon YES deck line I don’t NEED deck line.

I’m lost again :flushed:

I could only find 3/16 and 1/8 in quantities under 1000 feet…

Black - 3/16 Shock Cord with Ref Tracers | West Coast Paracord

Bungee = Shock Cord

Google is very handy :slight_smile:

Sheesh.

Found on a search in Amazon for “reflective bungie cord”

Visit the West Coast Paracord Store

PARACORD PLANET 1/8 Inch Shock Cord – Choose from 10, 25, 50, and 100 Feet – Made in USA (Dayglow, 10 Feet)

Visit the PARACORD PLANET Store

1 Like

As I said I need 1/4 inch as that is what I used last time. I got 3m tracer line in 1/4 inch a few years ago at Austin kayak which is out of business. I was hoping someone new of a place. I did not expect to get such a hard time about asking a question about if someone new of a place. YES I looked at amazon already. I didn’t see it in 1/4 inch unless I missed it. Looks like i didn’t. YES I of course used google first. Did not find any. Hence the question here.

Seems like 1/4 inch reflective shock cord is a unicorn product. There’s plenty of it in 1/8 and 3/16 though. Could you make due with 3/16?

I’ll save the original poster a reply: they are looking for 1/4 inch reflective Bungie Cord! They didn’t say 3/16", so no this won’t work. How did I do?

4 Likes

1/4" BLACK REFLECTIVE BUNGEE CORD (versales.com)

I have no knowledge of this company or this product, but it claims to be what you are looking for.

2 Likes

Another great set of replies on Paddling telling the OP what they meant, not what was stated/requested!

1 Like

Well since nobody here pays for advice I’d say if you ask a question you may have to filter through the answers and be happy people tried to help.

3 Likes

Looks like Raosborn wins as he/she found some. Thanks. I need the thicker stuff as i do some heavy surfing sometimes when the great lakes kick up occasionally. I want to keep my storm paddle on my deck. I cant have it get ripped off as I might never find it again. Thats me in the yellow kayak about to be hit So my bungee needs to be extra heavy duty. There is a storm paddle on front deck. It might look like i am just sitting there but I was paddling super hard in that picture. I have video from helmet cam to prove it.

1 Like

I’ve tried a few different brands over the years, but they all seem to excessively stretch when wet and then become too tight to get a hand around when they dry out again in the sun.

@Celia linked to some offered by Paracord Planet. I’ve used their 3/16" reflective bungee and have been pleased with it.

1 Like