Looking to "be one with the kayak". Fit, comfort, and kayak advice

Haha, so funny! Yup, that’s the one. It does look “well-used”, also given it’s from 2005. Thanks for the advice on what to check, appreciate that. I agree, the $1295 price seems high to me, if I got far enough along the line I thought under 1k seemed more right as well. The Mystic looks much newer but neither seller has gotten back. Hopefully I hear back so I can take a look.

Oh man, my wife will think I’m crazy with more than one boat, lol. Damn this sport :slight_smile: You’re totally right, though. I don’t wear my daily road running flats on mountain trails.

Thanks for the reply. Absolutely, I know I need work on my form and that’s why I appreciate the pointers and advice so much from this community. All of you have been so nice and helpful. When I started running years and years ago I had garbage form. You can’t just jump into something new and expect to be handed perfect mechanics.

I’ll keep working on my form and keep my eyes peeled for some that will be better long term for me. No rush!

Yeah! They look like great boats. Kind of holding out to check one out. Hopefully things work out.

Compared to sitting or kneeling in a canoe, kayaks to me have always felt uncomfortable. Something about sitting on the floor with the legs outstretched and stuck in one position.

you can change out the seat for one that is adjustable and fits you better. I agree that foam can be added to fill in the spaces between you and the boat, especially if you are a smaller person. You can try a different foot rest arrangement. There may be some kayaks that fit you better, but I gave up on kayaks partly because of the exact problem you describe. I built a Pygmy Coho was 17’9" long and really fast. It was beautiful. But I was never comfortable in it. Now I have no kayaks but 4 canoes.