Looking to upgrade my paddle

The top of the line paddle, in my opinion is Epic. Primarily known for wing paddles, they have two touring paddles. Both have a compression ferrule that is infinitely adjustable and are incredibly light. They also cost about twice as much anyone lese’s, but are worth it.

I tried the Epic Advanced touring in full carbon. The Werner Cyprus was a little lighter, and only a few dollars more expensive. The adjustable length ferrule didn’t interest me that much.

I much preferred the Cyprus so that’s what I bought.

For a euro blade I second the Epic active touring, although I never use mine any longer since I really learned to use a Greenland paddle. I love the wooden one I made but I love the convenience of the Gearlab 2 piece carbon fiber paddles. The Akiak was a great paddle for me, but I ordered the new Kalleq the day it became available and the difference is amazing. It’s lighter with cleaner thinner edges and the blade is slightly wider. It enters and exits the water so cleanly. Once you have a decent Greenland stroke you can paddle all day with no shoulder strain. I could probably get up to speed slightly faster with my Epic, but once I get moving the GP is just as efficient.

Concur with the Werner Ikelos, great all around paddle. My next upgrade will be bent shaft