Low ends and stability

In your experience how do a very low bow and stern impact stability? Maybe discuss with respect to waves coming from different directions. Any specific kayak examples you can mention?

By themselves, not at all. Are you
thinking of slalom boats with their very low ends?

Instead of thinking of one dimension (high, low), you need to think of the total effect of the shape of the bow and stern.

not much
As said above - ends don’t have much impact on stability. Stability is more a matter of cross section and width where the paddler is sitting.

submersion
If the bow and stern are low or low-buoyancy enough to completely submerge, it will affect stability.

Some hull & deck shapes will “slice” back to the surface at an angle instead of resurfacing vertically. This can be fun if intended(whitewater & slalom boats).

If one end of the boat is buried, the other end is often in the air. A hull on air is not stable.

A bow that buries while surfing(pearling) is not fun.

But as the other folks said, height alone doesn’t determine any of this.

My experience
with kayaks with opposite shapes is that a kayak with high volume in a flared bow and stern is significantly more stable in waves from all directions than a kayak with low-volume ends. I think the high volume in the ends simply gives the kayak more buoyancy that keeps it above frontal waves and tends to right the kayak after a hit from the side.

You’re right, mostly. There are ways
to make a kayak with bulbous, flared ends unwieldy, and there are ways of making sharp, low, low volume ends perform pretty well in some kinds of heavy water, such as slalom courses.

A problem with flared, higher volume ends is that they can be slapped around mercilessly by some kinds of turbulent water. But usually, fuller ends and plenty of rocker are user friendly.

i think I paddled one of them
unwieldy rockered boats that tips easy- the tareau (ww canoe) by esquif- I sure did get a lot of swim practice when I paddled it. You might just as well melt two traffic pylons together and call it a boat.