Lyme disease cure?

Thanks for sharing, interesting and will be interesting to see if this leads to new treatments or prevention.

1 Like

Yes, thanks to paddledogs52. I rabbit holed the subject and came up with a couple of good documentaries, ‘The Quiet Epidemic’ (2022) and ‘Under Our Skin’ (2008 and 2014). Also check out the below link for info on the book ‘Bitten: The Secret History of Lyme Disease and Biological Weapons’. The amazon page for that book has two “top reviews” that are pretty incredible.

Oh great, just what we need, a conspiracy theory about Lyme disease. Is there no intelligent life left in this country?

4 Likes

In the social media world, bad things don’t happen by chance and scientific explanations aren’t acceptable. Instead, it must be somebody’s fault when bad stuff happens. Dontcha know that evil-doers lurk in every shadow and Armageddon is just around the corner?
The more outrageous, the better, because it’s about clicks, not facts. We should have seen this coming when we started handing out certificates of participation and stopped insisting that kids actually learn grade-level science and math and reading in order to pass. But we didn’t, and now we’re reaping the rewards of lousy primary and secondary education - - - thousands of social media influencers with little actual experience and even less common sense.

2 Likes

I do understand bnystrom, but when the discoverer of the bacteria (Willy Burgdorfer) causing Lyme admits to engineering the ticks and implies to the outcome (esp severe cases where multiple organisms are involved, like Lyme, Babesia, Bartonella), it seems a different issue.

Also, look at the big picture surrounding Lyme and Covid and how it was handled. A local physician was put out of work in his mid 50’s due to a multiple infection case.

Uh, no.

4 Likes

Yes, that article is evidence against the conspiracies. Just found it myself. Thanks for posting.

I try to keep an open mind but, I kept envisioning a plane flying over enemy territory dropping ticks from the bomb bay. Meanwhile in the war room, a general is wringing his hands in that fiendish manner. “Now all we have to do is wait- maybe months, maybe years- for the Lyme to work its magic. Then we will be victorious.”

1 Like

“It’s incredibly obvious, isn’t it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly, without any choice. That’s the way your hard-core Commie works.”

• General Jack D. Ripper (Dr. Strangelove, 1964)
    8201420215_95e34bc756_b
2 Likes

One wonders how pandemics happened at all in the days before social media…. :joy:

2 Likes