Mad River Quest

Anybody know anything about this boat. Saw one for sale cheap. Can’t find anything about it on their website, so I’m assuming it’s discontinued.

Looks short, about 14 feet I guess. Wood gunnels that will need to be replaced, but for $100 I wonder if it would be a worthwhile buy if I can figure out what it’s designed to do.

Was in one once
It’s a small tandem.

As a beginner whitewater canoeist I went along with a woman who’s boat it was.

My guess is that we were well over 300 lbs combined and the boat seemed fine with that on the class 1 we were paddling.

I’d call it a smaller general purpose canoe, not great at anything but not bad for most everything.

The one I was in was Royalex.

MRC Quest
The Quest was MRC’s tandem response to the FreeStyle Paddling movement in the late 80’s. [The Pearl was the solo gambit.]

Short, wide, flared, lots of rocker; Quest was a neat little tandem, but bog slow. Without a pretty sophisticated stick in the stern, the paddlers will see all four sides of the lake.

So True
You said “Quest was a neat little tandem, but bog slow. Without a pretty sophisticated stick in the stern, the paddlers will see all four sides of the lake.”

sounds like a Quest for a …
… relatively straight line!