Marco Island/Kice Island

I’m planning a multiday trip to Kice Island, Cape Romano, and exploring the other keys in the area. I live in Chicago and am having trouble finding a place where I can overnight park in Marco Island while I’m on the water. Has anyone done this trip before? Any suggestions would be really helpful. Thanks!

You didn’t say where you are launching
from, but if it is Goodland, just stop in at Stans restaurant and get permisssion to park in his lot overnight, and then launch right from there.

If you are launching from some place in Marco then I can’t help

We love those Keys and Cape Romano

Have a great trip!

Cheers,

JackL

Yep Stans…
Stan’s gets very, very busy on the weekends, quite a show BTW. We had permission to park and launch there overnight as long as it was during the week. Helps to ask them while having lunch there:-).

You should love Cape Romano also much better during the week and not weekends.

Thanks guys…
the info was very helpful. I got hold of a marina on goodland that charges $10 a night for parking and $30 bucks for launching. Definitely going to try my luck at stans. and yeah we’ll be heading out on a sunday, so hopefully won’t have too much of the weekend crowds. thanks again!

I’ve used that marina in the past…
When it was much cheaper. They would charge a ramp fee but if you returned on a different day they would charge ANOTHER ramp fee. They have lots of powerboats using the ramp and we definitely felt they were discouraging paddle craft. You can buy a lot of lunches/dinners/drinks at Stan’s for a lot less than the marina’s fee.:slight_smile: Some good fishing off Cape Romano… snook, redfish and sometimes tarpon. The cold spell this year may have killed a lot off though.

Paddle Marco rents kayaks that you can keep overnight on Kice Island and Dickmans point near Cape Romano. http://www.paddlemarco.com

@Paddle Marco said:
Paddle Marco rents kayaks that you can keep overnight on Kice Island and Dickmans point near Cape Romano. http://www.paddlemarco.com

Am guessing the OP enjoyed his trip given it was seven years ago.