medwagone, I bought a Caribbean 14

I would think since I can keep the Tarpon at that pace.

The Carribean arrives Tuesday. It will be on the water before week’s end.

Congrats…
A new boat is always exciting and having to wait on it makes it even better.

I dislike waiting. I don’t need everything now but I’d like it asap.

It arrived yesterday. The first thing I have to do is get a better seat, which is on order. Attaching the one that came with it is interesting. It’s maiden voyage may be delayed a bit because of the wind we keep getting.

The brochure with the boat assures me I have bought the finest kayak available. :smiley:

Hope it came with directions so you don’t hold your paddle upside-down.

None of any kind, but we wouldn’t read them anyway.

Life is too short to read directions. That’s why I had kids. I have them read them for me and tell me only what I need to know.

My grandson saw the Carribean for the first time today. He said “that is a wide boat”.
Then we went paddling. I paddled the P140 ecause it had a park sticker .
He paddled the Tempest 175 Pro my brother gave him. I didn’t do too badly for having not paddled in months. I was barely able to keep him in sight. I’m sure my experience will be the same in the ‘finest kayak’.
It was a beautiful morning . The Great Blues are nest building and there were only a couple of people on the lake.

It was a nice day. Glad you got out. I worked on refinishing a set of oars.

Sounds nice. I hit Robinson Friday afternoon and wore myself out. It was a picture perfect day albeit a little cool once the breeze picked up. One other kayak with a sail could be seen and only a couple fishing boats passed. The blue herons were numerous and were the king fishers and some little ducks that swim under water. (I need to look them up). What are the white birds that flock out in the middle? They sound like seagulls but I never can get close enough to make them out.
Have you taken out the Caribbean yet?

@DrowningDave said:
Sounds nice. I hit Robinson Friday afternoon and wore myself out. It was a picture perfect day albeit a little cool once the breeze picked up. One other kayak with a sail could be seen and only a couple fishing boats passed. The blue herons were numerous and were the king fishers and some little ducks that swim under water. (I need to look them up). What are the white birds that flock out in the middle? They sound like seagulls but I never can get close enough to make them out.
Have you taken out the Caribbean yet?

Not yet. Probably this week when I recover from yesterday.

@DrowningDave said:
some little ducks that swim under water. (I need to look them up). What are the white birds that flock out in the middle? They sound like seagulls but I never can get close enough to make them out.

Check out Pied-billed Grebe for the small diving duck. Also if they squawk like a gull…yes they most likely are gulls. Could be a mix of Ring-billed Gulls(heading north for the summer), Herring Gulls, or most likely Laughing Gulls. There could also be some Terns, but mostly it would be gulls.

Sounds like a good day on the water. I spent the day refinishing some old 9’ oars for a sailboat.