medwagone, I bought a Caribbean 14

from Appomattox River today. I appreciate you guys steering me in that direction.
Hopefully, my back will make peace with it.

Glad things worked out for you. I hope you enjoy your new ride. The folks at ARC are great to work with. We have dealt with them, for over 15 years.

look forward to paddling with you and helping load your new boat.

I bought THE Caribbean and I promise not to charge water usage fees. :wink:

@Yanoer said:

You obviously aren’t a politician.

Hey String. Congrats on the new ride. Swing on up to the update and we’ll paddle together.
And drop some weight to help your back. There’s nothing better you can do to help improve it.
Now you’ll have to update your avatar. And give us a full review of the kayak. Inquiring minds want to know.

DD, I assume you meant upstate. I live in Mauldin. I am 6’5" and weigh 230 . My back is exactly like my Father’s was only he had not had 3 I’m still recovering from the last one.
I usually paddle with the Greenville Sea Kayakers Meet Up group. My primary paddling spots are Hartwell, Jocassee, and sometimes Keowee.
This year I’ll be adding river trips per a MU request.
I will post a review on the Carribean after a trip or 2.
Let me know when you want to paddle. I have to take it easy for the first month or so since I haven’t paddled since October.

@string said:
DD, I assume you meant upstate. I live in Mauldin. I am 6’5" and weigh 230 . My back is exactly like my Father’s was only he had not had 3 I’m still recovering from the last one.
I usually paddle with the Greenville Sea Kayakers Meet Up group. My primary paddling spots are Hartwell, Jocassee, and sometimes Keowee.
This year I’ll be adding river trips per a MU request.
I will post a review on the Carribean after a trip or 2.
Let me know when you want to paddle. I have to take it easy for the first month or so since I haven’t paddled since October.

That’s 3 back surgeries.

6’5" almost puts you in the NBA. Your original avatar isn’t the most flattering. Makes you look 8 months pregnant. Back backs are worst.
I usually do Robinson and Cunningham since I paddle alone. Been trying to find the time to go out with GSK but the schedule never seems to fit. I love Jocassee and hope to do some camping on the far shore this summer.
I usually paddle Friday afternoon and sometimes Saturday but more boats on the weekend. If Robinson is close to you a Friday would be great.

DD, I assume you meant upstate. I live in Mauldin. I am 6’5" and weigh 230 . My back is exactly like my Father’s was only he had not had 3 surgeries.
I usually paddle with the Greenville Sea Kayakers Meet Up group. My primary paddling s> @DrowningDave said:

6’5" almost puts you in the NBA. Your original avatar isn’t the most flattering. Makes you look 8 months pregnant. Back backs are worst.
I usually do Robinson and Cunningham since I paddle alone. Been trying to find the time to go out with GSK but the schedule never seems to fit. I love Jocassee and hope to do some camping on the far shore this summer.
I usually paddle Friday afternoon and sometimes Saturday but more boats on the weekend. If Robinson is close to you a Friday would be great.

My avatar is intended to be a joke. We have people in the MU who regularly camp at Jocassee and they post the trips.

Well I have to admit it’s funny. My avatar is an actual photo of me as a youngster. I was really cute but for some reason couldn’t get a date.

Enjoy

Mine is my passport photo…

@grayhawk said:
Mine is my passport photo.

I always wanted an Intergalactic Passport, but I was on their list of undesirables!

You live in your own little world, but we like you there.

I like it there too!

Most of us will be there tomorrow.

@Yanoer said:

If you are interested, I’ll give you a great price on the Mississippi!

@tjalmy said:

@Yanoer said:

If you are interested, I’ll give you a great price on the Mississippi!

No thanks, but I’d be interested in the Sea of Cortez.

Congrats on your new boat! Looks like you should have no issue hitting your target cruising speed of 3-3.5 mph.