Merrimack River NH

Normally used to pretty slow rivers, barely some white water… Would like to try the Merrimack River from Manchester, NH to Lowell, MA. Would beginners be beyond their skills in Loon 138s in the whitewater I see just south of the Manchester dam?

thanks,

Rick

Class II/III
if you’re talking about “Cracked Pipe”, depending on water level. I believe there is a drop over there as well. You can always portage around.

sing

Cracked Pipe?
sing,

I don’t know if I’m talking about the “cracked pipe”… Is it right beside the highway where there are what appear to be some sort of gates for kayaks during the summer?

thanks,

Rick

Link And Description
http://www.americanwhitewater.org/rivers/id/1175

sing

Just south of I-293
If your concerned about the beginners and the rapids, you might want to consider putting in just south of the 293 bridge where it goes over the Merrimack. As you travel over the 293 bridge, you will see a railroad bridge to the south. I found a spot to put in there which is accessable from Moores Crossing Rd, which runs off of Daniel Webster Highway in Bedford. The road ends and you will have to carry your boat and gear over the railroad tracks.