Merry Christmas Everyone

Can we still say that?

Why yes, YES we can! Well, some of us, anyway.
You see, I smashed my lip on the corner of a gift whilst reaching beneath the boughs of ole Tannenbaum here, attempting to dump pitcher water into its fortress of a stand. Now, the best I can elicit is, “Hairy Isthmus.”

Anyway, as John Goodman barked with authoritative delivery to the iron lung occupant,

“And a good day to you, too, sir!”

Merry Christmas to YOU!
When I drink it sounds more like Merry Krishna. Or Hare Christmas. Or Murra Krimmu.

“that” sure you can say that.

But Merry Christmas sounds better. :santa:

Amen Brothers and Sisters!

My wife came home from grocery shopping at the local “hometown proud” IGA today just beaming. Not only was it our 37 years together lol, but the young folks working at the store were wishing customers “Merry Christmas.” Living in the red corrider of a blue state oh my.
I was at the track, temps mid 30’s, 2/3 of the track free of ice and snow. Younger (cripe, at 60, they’re all younger when I’m running) guy showed up, wished me “happy holidays” when he left. Good enough.
Merry Christmas everyone, and happy holidays as well.

2 Likes

Nobody around here gets their knickers in a twist over whether someone says Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays. I’ve said it both ways because I have no preference. Sometimes I say Happy Everything.

The spirit is the same, regardless. Good tidings to all!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

1 Like

Merry Christmas, folks! Happy holidays to all.

Looking forward to food and festivities with family, but after a workout first this AM.

sing

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays whatever! May you all have a happy day and a Happy, Healthy New Year in 2020 and a geat new decade.

Merry Christmas, All Yall! :smiley:

1 Like

You’re speaking my language.

Yes indeed,Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, whatever, to all… and I don’t recall ever not saying or hearing “Merry Christmas” at this time of year… What IS odd is giving winter solstice, Hanukkah, etc.holiday greetings when it’s 58 and sunny outside. Snow for Halloween and the neighbors were outside in tee shirts and shorts today for Christmas. Curiouser and curiouser as Alice would say. And I just gifted out a bunch of ski lift tickets. Here’s hoping that doesn’t go down a rabbit hole. But we all live in hope, I suppose…

Here’s wishing all peace, health, joy in the upcoming year - and plenty of new paddling adventures.

3 Likes

Hope that everyone had a great Christmas Day today (Western calendar), a lovely First Night a couple of days ago, wonderful Solstice gatherings, will have a lovely Christmas Day on Jan 7 (Eastern Orthodox) and I am likely missing a few so best wishes for the others.

1 Like