Mid-60’s in February in southern New England – time to paddle!

It was upper 50s when we started. Water was warmer than yours but gave my feet a chill. Qruiser and I wore our hydroskins. The club member in the SunDolphin wore jeans. :roll_eyes: But it was 70s when we took out. It will warm up.

Where I live in NY, if I put my kayak that close to the street it would disappear overnight.

1 Like

It will :slight_smile:

Starting to see as many warm days as cold, and daylight savings time starts the weekend after next.

Think spring!

not in our end of NE
below zero again
But a frw days above freezing to getvthe sap moving
We need a nice gradual thaw. Too much and ice jams cause flooding
There is a banana belt of Southern NE
then there is that freezer part

Yeah… Probably taking my chances. Been doing that for the 8 years I’ve been here. Leaving the Delphin near the driveway makes it easier and more likely for me to load the kayak and go waveriding when the swells show. (also have the two most used waveskis and my bikes in the garage behind the car.) My luck has held so far.

If someone wants to try to steal the kayaks, the rest of them, along with the pack canoe, SOF skeleton, and other waveski’s out in the back yard. It would be pretty noticeable though since I am pretty much recognized by the neighbors up and down the street as the “bike and kayak” guy. Neighbors on the street pretty much know who’s who and whose cars are on the street and in driveways.

I am choosing to be a “bit naive” (and carelessly idealistic) on my street. I am not like that, however, whenever and whereever I travel in the rest of the city.

sing

1 Like

Is there a way to lock it to something? If the kayak has something you can run a cable through but you don’t have anything in the yard to lock it to, a shovel, a bag of concrete, and a rebar ground anchor with a loop on the end will make the job more difficult for someone with less than honorable intentions. And it would be easier than trying to get an accurate vehicle description or plate number from neighbors to try and track it down.