Midsummer heat stroke blahs.

night - pre-dawn morning, what’s the difference.
Actually, the ‘technically’ speaking ‘night’ is still hot.
Paddled around Cumberland last Saturday, starting Friday evening at 11pm.
Paddled north, along the ICW for the 1st part, at about 4mph with a following 5mph wind (ie, no relief).
The ‘heat’ of the day lingered well into the early morning hours.
(finished about 10:30am, as the heat of the ‘new’ day was just revving up).

Yeah, it’s horrible out here in the Pacific Northwest; sunshine and in the high seventies–low eighties in the daytime and down to the low fifties at night. We haven’t had a speck of rain in weeks and the lawn has quit growing, so I don’t get to mow that every few days.

For paddling the Columbia has settled into summer levels and darn the sea lions have vacated. And now it seems one of my former favorite places to launch has vastly improved security and has become very user friendly. What else could befall this summer? Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to tough it out.

Night is hot less radiant heating.

heat index 105-110 all week. So what, on the Current River I just dip my hat and bandanna in the water a little more frequently and enjoy the natural, spring-fed air conditioning of the river! Love it this time of the year when I’m on the river. Off the river, well, not so much.

Here are a couple of old fashioned cooling techniques that we use. Maybe you aren’t sticking your tongue out far enough.

Just spent a week at the beach with half of Ohio and Kentucky. Pleasant except for 11-5.
Back home where there are no sea breezes or any other kind.

Horrid here too. 44 in the morning 71 in the afternoon
Go north. Yukon

“Here” at 8,000 ft it was nice in the middle of the day , cool at night. There was still snow in the shadows.