Mon Ark Aluminum 17' Canoe

-- Last Updated: Apr-27-11 2:27 AM EST --

My first post to Paddling.net

I bought a Mon Ark Aluminum Canoe today. It measures 16' 10", so I am assuming this is considering a 17 footer? If not, please let me.

I wanted to get into this cheap as I could not afford much. I paid $200 for it, and it came with 2 basic life vest and a Bending Branches 7 degree Cruiser paddle. It is missing the front seat, but still has the brackets for a seat, so this should be an easy fix. Also, it has three support bars (forget the technical name) and the center one is lose on one end, again, this is an easy fix as well.

I understand that aluminum canoes are not the most desired canoe for the expereinced, but for a small cost, it seems to be a good purchase. I plan to use it on some local creeks and rivers in my area (South MS).

One thing though, is that I couldnt find any information on the brand, Mon Ark, can anybody provide any information on this?

Thanks, and look forward to learning from this site.

Welcome
Alot of us started with an AL boat. If it gets you out on the water for some peace/quiet/reflection and enjoyment fantastic.

Brian

Serial #
Just run the first 3 numbers of your serial number and you’ll get all the info you need.

Cabelas
I think thats the brand I saw at Cabelas.

If it was it looked like a quality canoe.

Just add water and go have a ball.

Good luck.

Another South MS paddler!!
Shoot me an e-mail, I’m in Jackson County

serial #
What he means is go to boatsafe.com and look for the page about hull id numbers (HIN)

Thanks
Thanks for the follow-up and the serial number lookup, will do.

Yeah …
that’s is what I attempted to say.

SO!!!
What did you find out?

Hey I know this is an old thread but I can shed some light on your canoe, if you still have it, I’d love to make you an offer on it.

MONARK = Monticello, Ark
I just bought one, . . model 01-04-4026. It’s 46 years old, and has 9 ribs.
I’m installing a plywood deck, to protect the ribs, and anyone that might kneel on them.
I plan to launch it beside McElroys Restaurant. in Biloxi, and go over to Deer Island,
to do some exploring.

1 Like

I also just purchased a Mon Ark canoe same model number. But most of the other parts of that data plate has faded. Could you tell me the hp rating and max capacity? Mine is a square stern.