moose river north branch

am renting a private house this summer in thendara near the golf course on the north branch of the moose river. have never kayaked on that part of the river and want to know what it is like? i’ve paddled the middle branch past mountainman supply store to the green bridge and dam further up. thanks for any info

N branch Moose
It’s 11 scenic meandering miles from launch @ bridge on N Rondaxe rd to it’s marshy jct w/ Middle branch. All private shoreline but undeveloped except for golf course & some views of recently re-opened RR. Lots of wildlife & golf balls on bottom.

It’s all flatwater except for Indian raps near golf course which can be carried on a longer than necessary trail. Take out on left, carry .2m over footbridge & relaunch on river rt. This class 1+ is easily run @ hi water. Enjoy !

thank you
thanks for the great information. looking forward to paddling that section of the river this july…

north moose
I paddled this two years ago. 2 women on horseback told me I could not launch by the bridge. as I was packing up , the local police officer stopped by. and I asked him? He told me the local fish and game club owned the property by the bridge and they allowed people to put in there. so I put in, did not have any problems after that. nice trip.

launching by the bridge
hope that doesn’t happen to us. we will be putting in 4 kayaks. after you put in again at the bridge, what is the water like (calm, ripply, etc)? also, how far can you paddle after that?

N branch Moose cont.
Sue

Although all the shoreline is private inc banks by the bridge it’s fine to launch there. Old Forge outfitters shuttle customers there. Water is slow @ bridge w/ very little current & same throughout run except for Indian raps. From bridge can paddle .25m upriver to Rondaxe L dam.

Flatwater continues below mouth dowm Middle branch for 6m. w/ one short carry on left @ mile 2 around wooden dam. Rapids follow to it’s confluence w/ South branch except for an interesting .75m flat section that allows for access to scenic Nelson L. You can carry .3m into this final flat section of Middle branch from pkg area E of SR28 approx 2.75m N of McKeever bridge

thanks
thanks, Glen for your help in answering my question…