First and foremost, I’d like to thank everyone at Paddling.net, from staff to contributing writers, to fellow users, for creating such informative site. Being a novice kayaker, I heavily rely on your opinions and greatly appreciate all your efforts.
I need your help one more time. Here is my situation:
I enjoy a variety of outdoor activities, such as hiking, cycling, snowshoeing and sometimes even an occasional rock climb. Currently I’m at the point where most of my outerwear needs replacing. Are there any kayaking splash pants (or bibs) and splash jackets (or anoraks) out there that would meet the following requirements?
- must be waterproof / breathable
- must be durable enough for occasional climb
- must have a hood (either roll up/down or detachable) and adjustable neoprene or lycra cuffs (both jacket and pants)
- must be unrestrictive and accommodate a wide range of movements found in cycling and rock climbing (especially pants)
- must accept at least one layer of mid-weight fleece
Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.