My Backyard This AM (warning:pics)

High tide and cool, for here (Key Largo), so took the sweet little Kestrel for a paddle.
The mangroves are recovering from the storm nicely.

Frost on the car windows this morning here.

Looks like a lovely morning there.

My backyard. Should be gone by May 5, maybe.

Rookie,
Love your backyard! Around August we would give anything for a little white stuff for a day or so.
BTW the boat went to an old camping fishing buddy who’s also a woodworker and tour guide in Everglades Nat. Park… It should have a very interesting life.
GH…

@grayhawk

Glad to hear that boat found a new forever home. My backyard has improved somewhat. Front yard, too. There’s enough open water for me to paddle 500 yards. Fingers crossed there’ll be more by the weekend.

Y’all will have good weather soon enough. Meanwhile the retriever and i will meditate on it with a a good glass of rum in the back yard.

@Overstreet said:
Y’all will have good weather soon enough. Meanwhile the retriever and i will meditate on it with a a good glass of rum in the back yard.

Enjoy that rum, Overstreet! One lovely aspect of spring is listening to the water music as the ice moves, cracks, and recedes. Unlike the Great Lakes, inland lakes’ music is much gentler. I plan on doing some ice breaking tomorrow after work to hurry things up. The sun doesn’t set here until nearly 9 p.m.

@Overstreet said:

I’m jealous.

Careful there my friend,
with that rum and ruminations,
for whenst share of such meets retrievers clutch
hair of dog pirates sense and sensation,

till there’s two hounds in the night,
to sing in two keys cross the loch,
and yelled out to the fire, “Dog gone it, curs retire,”
with put-a-cork-in-it unneighborly shock!

(“Ahh, but the songs we sang, Doc Bob and I, when in our pew with Thomas Tew and campfire beneath the sky!”)

@Rookie said:

@Overstreet said: One lovely aspect of spring is listening to the water music as the ice moves, cracks, and recedes. Unlike the Great Lakes, inland lakes’ music is much gentler…

Here spring means the migration of the seagulls. Thousands come over at sunset to roost on the marina mile roofs and a small island. You hear ice I hear squaking gulls…