My other outdoor passion.

No, my joints aren’t good enough for that one.
Gardening and landscaping.
I’ve spent most of the day planting , trimming, digging and sitting in the sun.
The dogs, cat, son ,grandsons, and the local birds were enjoying it with me. 76 ° , bright sun, and gentle breeze.
I am crazier in a garden center than a kayak shop. Good thing plants are a lot cheaper.
Feels like spring is finally here.
Paddling tomorrow.

Did my yard a couple of weeks ago, and spent today cleaning up my parents. I like gardening, but today I would have preferred to paddle. Paddling tomorrow too :slight_smile:

Yesterday I had a plumbing failure in the wall and had to take down 20 feet on drywall and repair the pipe. Now it’s drying with an industrial dehumidifier and fans. I’d rather have been gardening.

With all inland lakes still frozen and small craft warnings on Lake Michigan, figured it would be wise to stay on shore. Wind, 40F air temp and 34F water temp not really inviting. So I “gardened” by raking tree debris from a 9 x 12 patch of brown grass. Everything else still snow covered. Always hopeful, did get my snow tires off. :smile:

@DrowningDave That certainly was no fun. Last month I had a similar problem but not in a wall; under the floor. My house was built on a slab. I had visions of mega damage costs from floors being ripped up and replaced. Lucked out with a great plumber who somehow located the pipe and replaced it - just one small hole in a tile floor behind the water heater. No idea how he did it, just grateful he did. Bill was $184.

That’s amazing Rookie. I’m doing my own work and it’s costing a lot more than that. Usually breaks under a slab require liquidating the kids college fund.

@Rookie said:
With all inland lakes still frozen and small craft warnings on Lake Michigan, figured it would be wise to stay on shore. Wind, 40F air temp and 34F water temp not really inviting. So I “gardened” by raking tree debris from a 9 x 12 patch of brown grass. Everything else still snow covered. Always hopeful, did get my snow tires off. :smile:

@DrowningDave That certainly was no fun. Last month I had a similar problem but not in a wall; under the floor. My house was built on a slab. I had visions of mega damage costs from floors being ripped up and replaced. Lucked out with a great plumber who somehow located the pipe and replaced it - just one small hole in a tile floor behind the water heater. No idea how he did it, just grateful he did. Bill was $184.

You were very lucky.

@string said:

You were very lucky.

That I know. Lost sleep over it and was ready to sell a boat, if needed. The leak was from an old galvanized hot water pipe resting on the soil, near the garage wall. Had rotted out. Wall is intact and I still have no idea how he replaced it. Was so thankful for the guy’s expertise, sent him a thank-you note and a hefty tip.

My neighbors hate me 'cause I ride my bike while they work in their yards. My yard looks awful. I should live out in the country.

@Rex said:
My neighbors hate me 'cause I ride my bike while they work in their yards. My yard looks awful. I should live out in the country.

You can always pay to have your lawn look great. That way you can ride your bike and warrant your neighbors favor.

Road tripping: Motorcycles & Mustangs
Bought first bike (Triumph) in 1963; Currently own 3 bikes.
Had 66 & 68 Mustangs; currently own a 2013.

My other toy. It’s like a motorcycle without the gas and oil.

@DrowningDave said:
My other toy. It’s like a motorcycle without the gas and oil.

I like it!

@thebob.com said:
Road tripping: Motorcycles & Mustangs
Bought first bike (Triumph) in 1963; Currently own 3 bikes.
Had 66 & 68 Mustangs; currently own a 2013.

Bob, is there a toy you don’t have?

Worked hard, and saved for 40 years to be able to afford & enjoy my “toys”.
Have plans in place for wife, and daughter when I check out.
Unlikely I will die on a couch, watching t.v. ; don’t own a couch,no cable tv, and I ain’t a facebook kind of guy.

Will drop anything/everything in a heartbeat for a fun road trip.
Isn’t that what I’m supposed to be doing???

BOB :wink:

@thebob.com said:
Worked hard, and saved for 40 years to be able to afford & enjoy my “toys”.
Have plans in place for wife, and daughter when I check out.
Unlikely I will die on a couch, watching t.v. ; don’t own a couch,no cable tv, and I ain’t a facebook kind of guy.

Will drop anything/everything in a heartbeat for a fun road trip.
Isn’t that what I’m supposed to be doing???

BOB :wink:

That’s what I hear.

The unhealthiest people I know do nothing except go out to eat, shop and watch TV. That’s never been my lifestyle and it never will be. When I pass on I want to do it enjoying the outdoors and I want to be an example for my kids to do the same.

I had kids in the woods and yard as much as I could. My son is still there, sometimes with me. My girls married good guys who have little interest in getting out there.
I have 6 grandsons who love it.