My RTM Disco Is On The Way West!

CONGRATULATIONS -FINALLY!

– Last Updated: Mar-21-07 8:49 AM EST –

Perhaps this will be the final boat in your quiver -at least for a while. From what I've heard, you won't be FOLLOWING the Pungo...

Both Jim and his SO Sue really like the RTM boats. Sue seems perhaps even more impressed -here's Jim;s take on her impressions:

"Sue Sea has always had a bit of a feeling that my gushing over certain designs is just my passion and perhaps a bit overblown. No more.

"The first words out of her mouth were "It's like dancin on the water - I finally understand what you mean by a great design".

"She simply couldn't believe it. We were out in conditions that, given her chronic illness, would quickly have overpowered her, fighting the unceasing wind and wind driven waves and wakes.

But not this weekend.

"We were out for 3 hours Sat and 4 hours Sunday and she came back with a huge smile. She found the Disco everything I said it was - tracking in bad conditions, but turning on demand with a quick lean and sweep. Low profile and laughing at the wind, slicing through the wakes and waves. Water making it on deck was efficiently diverted by the deflector.

"The Disco has the sharpest entry and smoothest transition of any plastic fishing yak I know of. By far this is best performing fishing yak on the market. Truly it is designed on the lines of the best touring sea kayaks. Its only limitation is weight, max of a 220 lb paddler (plus fishing gear). Heavier or want bit more heft and stability - buy the Tempo/Pro.

"With the resurrected Pro/Tempo and Disco, RTM is now the undisputed king of the plastic mountain. OK will rue the day they abandoned ship and joined WS in a race to the barge bottom."

OK, that was JIM's take on it. Now, here's Sue's:

"I have been kayaking for about four years now, and have had the opportunity to paddle quite a few really great kayaks. Jim was so excited about this Disco that he bought one for me. I really was not expecting any big deal.

"Took it out for the maiden voyage on Saturday under very windy conditions. I was absolutely blown away, ha, by the Disco's performance. I was able to keep up with Jim and totally understand what he was so excited about and I know why they call it the Disco - because this kayak dances, like I've never danced before.

"I absolutely love this kayak and recommend it to anyone who wants to be able to dance on the water. The unique design with its arrow shape makes the Disco just cut through the water and the wind. I can move this boat so easily with my hips and legs (pumping/rotation) - I was amazed.

"The high wind didn't even bother me, when normally I would have turned back and call it a day. Other kayakers and boaters stopped me and asked what kind of kayak is that. They saw me slicing through the waves and wind.

"Now I see what Jim was so excited about. Even in side winds it stayed right on course, but it was easy to turn, like an extension of my body, it's unbelievable. I want to thank Kayak Jeff for bringing it in and letting us test ride it. I want to encourage all of you - that if you want to try a beautifully paddling machine to go try one out.

"Here's to Disco dancing!

Always,
Sue Sea"

Looks like a winner!

And it's a good side note that Jim believes it'll handle a 220-pounder, plus some fishing gear, as well.

Hopefully, that includes YOU, right, LOL!

Hope yours is everything Sue's is and more, Cuda. It should be a great boat for you to

PADDLE ON!

-Frank in Miami

I felt hurt, I felt sore
I felt exhausted after my Greenland class. And it was my chest and bothe shoulders that hurt. Congrats on the boat.

Thanks, Frank!
Every review I have seen so far has been great!

I have read some concerns about capacity, but haven’t actually read of anyone having a real problem yet.

It really does seem like what I have been looking for for so long.

Some Of Those Hatches Are Pretty Secure
in the surf zone. The issue is what kind of paddling. If you don’t carry much, there ain’t no point. Heck, didn’t have hatches in my SOF. Never needed or missed them for day paddles. And, that includes paddling in the winter.

sing

moi?
???

He lives about a mile west of me.
I’ve seen him at the beach letting people demo his boats.

The real Hunt Johnsen boats are fiberglass, Cobra used to make a plastic wavewitch but they are discontinued.