My SOF is finished!!!

GP
Already have 4 here, my two (Superior Carbon GP and Storm) and Kim’s (from Sing and Don Beale). Rarely paddle with anything else.

It’s just that the wooden ones look nicer on the SOF. Carbon fiber seems out of place - but then so does the neoprene akuilisaq, the PFD…

I could get another from Don, maybe even the two piece I’ve been wanting for travel, but think it would be cool to have a comeplete self made set of SOF, GP and storm (aw crap, that means I need to make two). Really like my Superior. Might get one of their blanks, or from Newfound.

Decent WRC hard to find here. Might have to laminate… At least I can do the carving outside and continue to slowly convert from workshop back to apartment!

Finished SOF
Very, very nice! I do miss the “racing stripes” of the temporary skin tho!

I’d like to hear your report after you first real shake down cruise.

Bungees?
Nice. What are the blocks on the deck elastics for?

Sliders
Deck lines are leather. Not elastic. The sliders tension the lines as you move them out from center.

They’ll hold paddles and gear on deck, and let me rig the paddle as an outrigger for getting in and out (launching or recovery - like securing paddle for paddle float rescue - but without float as GP is pretty buoyant on it’s own) and for stability taking breaks, messing with gear, etc. Can do this with front or rear set.

I tend to keep pretty clear decks (spare paddle only, GPS sometimes) - so I can go with the minimal layout of a pair forward and aft. I can always add another set forward later if I find a use.