My story

Good on you, Elmyra!
I came from Top Fuel dragbikes, airplanes and sailplanes. Took up kayaking for cardio and to stay connected to the water when not diving, but got addicted to the sport. Now have a half-dozen or so kayaks, and building one, to boot. Speaking of stereotypes, now if I can just get used to all the libs, the hemp bracelets, and the tye-dye in this community… There…that oughta stir 'em up. :wink:

excellent !
Elmyra

Hey that is great !!

Good luck !

salty
you aren’t mike buck (or were with him as he did same trip) are you?

it’s not the jetski
…it’s the operator.

Although I would like to see 2 cycles outlawed and noise restrictions or standards implemented in all watercraft.

You want 2 cycles!!
It’s 2 strokes you are thinking about. A cycle = 2 strokes. so a 4-stroke engine is a two cycle!

I know, common mistake, as 2 strokes are often wrongly identified as 2 cycles.

4 stroke cycle #1 = intake and compression

#2 = power and exhaust

Honda 4 stroke is a low emission engine, and in fact a modern 4-stroke PWC is a very efficient means of covering distance per unit of fuel burned. Probably better than a motoring sailboat, which many are.

Also, tremendous lifesaving tool! Also used by wardens in sensitive areas due to the above / jet drive etc.

So, it sorta depends on how one looks at things eh?

Libs
I just don’t get involved in political conversations. As to the hemp bracelets, ok and the tye dye I can deal with. :slight_smile:

Just joshin’
about stereotypes. Truth be told, I’ve got nothing against tye-dye, etc., either. Anyhow, most kayakers I’ve met are pretty decent folks, and conversation of politics (thankfully) rarely comes up on the water.

Definitely no offense!
My family is mostly conservative except for the few libs. They make conversation interesting!!!