My thoughts on the change

Sparky: would have “liked” your irony but not going down that rabbit hole.

Though one wonders what “new abilities” the site bot is able to confer if one is a good girl. The imagination boggles…

There certainly are a few glitches because we imported all the previous posts from the old platform. The new platform has a variety of “trust levels.” For any truly brand new user, it will limit their ability to post to prevent spam.
You like all of our other existing users are set to the normal level which gives you all the permissions you should need.
as you use the new platform more, it will allow you to have more editing control over other posts. So you could re-categorize a post that’s not yours or if you flag someone as spam it will have a more immediate action because you are trusted more.

If you’d really like to learn more, you can visit this link: https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/
All existing users were set to trust level 2.

I have not logged on to Pnet in probably two years? Maybe more? When I finally did today I immediately noticed the change. Gotta say I like this better than the old version. The old one drove me crazy. Threads with sub-conversations, sub sub conversations, sub sub sub conversations, I never got used to that and have never seen it anywhere else. I like this version. Keep up the good work.

3 Likes