My wife worries when I'm paddling

No statistics to back it up, but I belive the drive home after paddling is the most risk intense part of the day. You are tired , low angle sunlight, hunger, and urgency to get home. Mulitplied by many other drivers with their own agendas.

2 Likes

In recent years. Iā€™ve notice an incredible increase in traffic violations. In all the years driving on the street in front of my house, I witnessed drivers passing on the double yellow line over a bridge about twice. While I drive far less now, I see it happening at least twice a month in recent years. Aside from the usual high speed traffic weavers, thereā€™s a frightening increase in high speed passing on the expressway using the shoulder and merge ramps. The rolling stop at a sign or traffic light has been eclipsed, by the left turn after stopping at a solid red signal and proceeding across two-way traffic, the left turn on a red light from the right lane across two lanes of cars, and stopping at a solid red light, then running the light. Its a brave new world. Good luck.

2 Likes

Ironically, my wife worries more while Iā€™m on the water. Not many options.

They banned fishing from the bridge and the inflatable is easier than trailer launching the big boat. The ramps around here are too steep to get enough water to float the boat off the trailer.

1 Like

Laughing out loud!

I see the guy fishing from the inflatable is in waders with no PFD. I wonder if he ever tried to swim or reboard the inflatable with waders full of water. Besides I think a hippo would be the better model of inflatable as he could cast over its head much easier than the giraffe.

Looks like a drought year.

Saltwater! ā€œRust never sleepsā€!

1 Like

I admit, the neck could get in the way of casting, but it makes getting in and out so.much easier. I cut the bottoms out of the boots to drain. I guess my real problem is figuring out how to get the boat off the trailer. Visibility is bad as it is, because the windshield wipers canā€™t keep up with clearing the winshield. Even Rainex doesnā€™t help.

1 Like

The fishing wasnt really good off that bridge, but I think diving was the big concern.

1 Like