Mysterioso M-tech clothing

Yup, as Willowleaf said
That is why I said to keep the layer next to the skin as wicking as possible. Even breathable dry suits will build up chilling moisture inside if you don’t navigate the insulating layers well. And it isn’t one size fits all. Thermals with some silk in them worked fine for my husband, but quickly became a chilly dripping rag on me.

They
tend to run small.{I have several of their different tops, both fleece and neo combination with nylon sleeves}

buy a size up

Best Wishes

Roy

Read on

– Last Updated: Oct-09-16 10:09 AM EST –

http://m.outdoorgearlab.com/Long-Underwear-Reviews. *

Not Gospel but gets your feat wet.

The dry suit needs clean n if Gore then treated with waterproofer. No salt.

Wet intermediate weight 'silk' ? Pro the next layer.

No cotton. No lycra, acrylic, no wool. I use comfy expedition wool socks ? Maybe there's a substitute ? On principle...have not regisrmtuRd any negatives.

* well then let's try 3 synthetic Duo's at $45 ...

Or 1 Duo 'silk' 1 mysterious 1 Duo 'silk'

FRY

http://www.amazon.com/Mens-Thermal-Underwear/b?ie=UTF8&node=5888820011

We all getting soaked there

Last bought 1 merino wool top, the thin brown MI on sale...fragile warm comfy but on land under a thin top. ...like undershirt.

Went with the TULW Pant

– Last Updated: Oct-30-16 10:27 PM EST –

instead of the top as my outfitter (The River Connection) had some base layer items in my size on sale. Those have worked out nicely.

So I ordered the TULW pants. Roy was correct about sizing. I normally take a small but after giving my height and weight to the Mysterioso folks, they told me to order a medium.

The pants look very similar to what I've been wearing, just a bit heavier, so I wasn't sure how warm they would be until I wore them today under my drysuit. Air temp 40F, a light 10 mph north wind, overcast.

The pants are very warm and the fleece inside is quite plush and comfortable. Definitely keepers and now I understand all those reviews with 10 stars.

late to the party
"Definitely keepers and now I understand all those reviews with 10 stars."

I didn’t see this thread earlier. Nor did I write any reviews way back when.

But I’m also one of those happy owner of the Mysterioso clothing. Bought them about 10 years back, both top and bottom. Still using them now. Very little sign of usage after so many years (admittedly, I only use them in spring and fall, so maybe only ~10 day/year max). Very well made.

Ten years?
Excellent!

Also thinking ahead to when I have to start moving snow. Have a thick down jacket which keeps me dry and warm, but my legs always got cold. Pretty sure the Mysterioso pants will solve that.

Hmm. Their socks are the same weight as the pants. Wonder if they’re warmer than SmartWool…

TUL pants
Thanks for the feedback!

I believe I will now add the pants and TS socks to my clothing inventory.

What I didn’t mention
was that my lower body was sweating when unloading my boat and getting it set up. That sure was a first.

Too bad they don’t make a thin glove liner. I experimented with a pair of SmartWool glove liners under my Glacier Gloves, figuring the wool would keep my hands warmer even when wet. Still experimenting.

Handwear…
I’ve found it to be very tricky and personal.

I know quite a few that can paddle in far colder air and water temps than I can tolerate.

I am still ‘experimenting’ with my choice of cold weather/water handwear even after 15 years of kayaking. I find myself now going out with three different pairs of neo gloves. I select one pair two start with and stow the other two pair in my day hatch. When I take a break I also take inventory on if I should change my hand gear.