Naked Roof Mount 2012 F-150 SuperCrew

Looking to outfit my truck with a roof rack and need recommendations between the Thule Traverse and the Yakima Q Towers.

Thanks!

Both
Both great options. Perhaps a question that might winnow down the choices is what are you planning on carrying?

See you on the water,

Marshall

The River Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

www.the-river-connection.com

hudsonriverpaddler.org

Cargo
I would like to haul one 17-18’ kayak and 2 SUP’s.

Mix and match
My personal preference for the base rack would be Thule as I prefer the square vs. round bars. As to the carriers, it’s likely you’re going to use a J-Cradle for the kayak as that’ll use less real estate giving you enough space for the two SUPS. I’ve been satisfied with the Tgule Hullaport PRO although I’m now keeping a few of the Yakima Jay-low on hand for the versatility and for your height vehicle the loading ramp edge might be worth considering.

See you on the water,

Marshall

The River Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

www.the-river-connection.com

hudsonriverpaddler.org

I thought that was obvious
The naked!

unless you are pulling a trailer
Or need to keep your bed space clean, I would suggest a bed mounted rack system. I overhead mount my boats when I am pulling my camper, and it is a chore to tie down the boats on the roof of your truck. Here is the set up I built.

Bed Rack
I’d love to do that. However, I have a soft cover on my bed and it prevents me from putting a rack on.