Nalgene bottles

When I first saw Nalgene at REI
I thought “wait, they make all the bottles we fill with contaminated groundwater and send to the lab.”

A lot of the knockoffs, including
Eddie Baurs sold by Target, I believe, are actually OEMed by Nalgene for store labeling.

Kayaks made from PC?
Wow, that suprises me. Sure, PC is very impact resistant, but it’s heavy as anything.

I just use store water bottles.
We buy the cases of 1/2 liter water bottles from wholesale club. I just take 2 or 3 for 1/2 day trip. Keep one on deck under the bungies and others in my soft sided cooler. The ones with the nipple cap are easier to use underway.

I use the store bottled water for trips
also and recycle the empties.

Guess I’m cheap.
I just buy a bottle of water or two that have nice bottles. When I’m done, I’ll refill at home with filtered water from the kitchen sink. I usually get several years of use out of them before they are ready for the recycle bin.

DRY BOX…
Nalgene keeps water in, keeps it OUT. I use a large mouth Nalgene 32 OZ water bottle as a dry box for my phone, keys, etc when paddling…I clip it to the adjustment strap for my backrest.

Now they make a flask.
here is a link check this out.

http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/store/subcategory.asp?categorysubcategorycode=163

I use these
http://www.paddling.net/store/showProduct.html?product=77

Perhaps you should too!

For Years Now
For years I’ve been using empty water bottles. Nalgene is good for food items but I wouldn’t waste money buying one for water. Think about the fact that one bottle often isn’t good enough. On a hot summer day you should carry a gallon of water. That makes those hard plastic bottles a little on the pricey side. My favorite water carrier for long trips are collaspible water sample cubies. Tbey’re expensive but worth it in my opinion.

polycarbonate boats
carbonlite, airelite, etc, originally it was Eddyline who started it but many makers now use their own versions, Dagger, Perception, and probably others…