need new seat

TRYING TO FIND A NEW SEAT FOR MY CURRENT DESIGN BREEZE.NOT HAVING ANY LUCK.WOULD LIKE TO FIND A WILDERNESS SYSTEM SEAT PHASE 3, WOULD IT FIT IN MY BREEZE? REAL COMFY SEAT

How about ExtraSport?
You can get the ExtraSport XtraComfort seat for $171 from hhttp://www.kayakproshop.com/Extra_Seat.html

This seat is used in many Old Town kayaks. It compares favorably to the Phase 3. I recommend trying it out before you buy it, given the price.

I would also consider getting a carved foam seat—cheaper, simpler, and possibly more comfortable than the ExtraSport.

new seat
thanks for the info!

On the carved foam seat, the source
I knew was

www.redfishkayak.com

Check and see if they are still their and offering custom seats.

Just checked myself, and they are
still offering seats.

Best carved seat
if you don’t want to do it yourself might be from a wooden kayak builder. They have the skill to make you a custom seat. The challenge is the back. If you want a backband, that’s easy. If you don’t want a backband you have to find some other way to rig up a back support with a carved seat.

I recently made a sit-in seat out of a sit-in-top seat. I added about 2" of padding under it, and then a wedge at the front for leg support. I reversed the seat so that the longer part became the seat bottom and the short part became the back.

To my knowledge there really is no excellent after-market seat, but if you search this forum you will find some suggestions.

W/S does not sell the Phase 3 seats.
They’ll only sell replacements for W/S boats - up to an including providing the serial number for the boat that you’re replacing the seat in.

NC Kayaks sells seats.
At respectable prices - they look nice and comfty.

redfishkayak IS a wooden kayak
builder, and based on reports of buyers, they can make you a good seat, fitted to your hull (from template you provide), and with a good back support. They have been doing custom foam seats for some time.

i need a new seat too…
…mine has gotten lots bigger in the last few years.

Right
My only point was that a wooden kayak builder can carve you a seat IN PERSON, with you right there to try it 50 times while making minute adjustments. Redfish is a mail-order seat, sort of risky. Looks good and the reviews are good, though.

We make a nice one as well.

– Last Updated: Jul-22-09 3:48 PM EST –

We can tailor the layup from racing to rolling.
Several options for mounting.

http://www.onnopaddles.com/onnocomponents.html