Need new sleeping bag

Big Agnes…
Hmmm… I’ve heard a lot of good stuff about the Big Agnes bags. I have a few questions… does the bag separate from the pad for packing and storage? Does it work with other pads besides the one that comes with it? I use a closed foam pad now, thanks to losing hull integrity on two thermarest pads during grand canyon trips, essentially forcing me to sleep on cold rock. Am I going to have to put them together outside the tent? This could pose a problem if we’re pitching camp in the rain - don’t want the down bag to get rained on.

I like the idea of the integrated sleeping pad. I toss and turn a lot and usually wind up with the bag tangled and/or twisted uncomfortably, and the integrated pad would keep that from happening.

I travel…
with the bag and pad separate. But I thought I heard someone say you could deflate the pad in the bag and roll it up together; however, you wouldn’t be able to use the stuff sack that comes with the BA bag. Probably could use a larger waterproof stuff sack. I haven’t tried putting the pad in the bag while in a tent. I believe some of the thermarest pads would fit but only with the 72x20 pads. The longs are too wide at 25" unless they’ve changed that.

we have a winner!
I found a Mountainsmith Vision 15 Degree bag on ebay, won the auction for $150.

I should have it by next weekend. If it’s in reasonable shape, then I feel I’ve gotten a good deal.

Feh
The Mountainsmith Vision was too narrow in the chest.

I finally settled on the Big Agnes Lost Ranger. PLENTY of room. I’ll also be getting the new Thermarest Pro-Lite sleeping pad.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and input.