Need Some Decent Cam Cinch style Straps with Hooks on each end

I am in dire need of some Cam Cinch style Straps with hooks on each end…decent ones. I am using really nice Thule cam cinch straps for the rear to strap my kayak but the rear loader is designed to hold regular straps without the hooks…but I need the same type of straps the cinch style cam with hooks on each end. Nobody in my area carries these ratchet stye only. I hate these ratchets and one decided to just pop off so no way in heck am I using these again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I need 2 for the rear of my truck where I can tie down the darby holder to the bumper on each side to keep it from moving from side to side and I need one so that I can use it to cinch down my kayak on the front loader on top of my hood. Why is is so hard to find cam cinch style straps with hooks on each end these days? 2 6’ to 8’ foot straps should be more than enough for the back but the front I am going to need probably at least a 10’ strap.

Thanks again.

Hooks aren’t fail-safe. I replaced the hooks that were attached to my Thule Quickdraw tie-downs with high-quality carabiners. Can you MacGyver a similar solution?

A carabiner I do not believe would work in the front as the hook parts would be locking onto the edge of my truck bed behind the rear windows where there is a lip…not holes. I have a touier top or whatever you call them on my Toyota Tacoma so this is where I have seen pictures of others putting them. Now in the back of the truck there are 2 big holes on each side on the bottom of the tailgate that a carabiner could easily go on to but that would mean I would probably be using 2 thule straps cinched to each other for each side. I mean even though I would be willing to do the extra work there just has to be a much easier way…actually thinking of it I do not believe that would even work.
On this page look at the picture of the Toyota Tacoma…it is by the “CUSTOMER PHOTOS” list 6 pictures over starting from the left hand side. That is my exact truck. Definitely looks like a little over kill in the rear but I would assume this person is using hooks of some kind? Here is the link:

https://www.etrailer.com/Watersport-Carriers/Darby/DTA944-968-924.html?feed=npn&gclid=COPlyZua5dMCFd22wAodD6UJrg

I had the luxury of having a Cousin of mine just using ropes who has plenty of experience with ropes and rigging it all out for me but I was only traveling about 5 miles away and slow…now I really need something that can really hold this thing and be much more dependable.

@Rookie said:
Hooks aren’t fail-safe. I replaced the hooks that were attached to my Thule Quickdraw tie-downs with high-quality carabiners. Can you MacGyver a similar solution?

Also thinking about it…where did you buy your “Thule quickdraw tie-downs with hooks attached”? because I cannot find them anywhere…then yes I can possibly see puling off a Macguber…uh I mean MacGyver with a replacement with some decent Caribiners? Thanks again.

…and again I am looking for cinch strap versions not the rope kind. The rope kind can work for the rear easily but not for cinching down my Kayak in the front…I would prefer a flat strap like shown in the picture in the link I gave you thanks.

@SilentWaters
Cam straps with hooks: https://www.amazon.com/Buckle-Strap-Vinyl-Coated-S-Hooks/dp/B000T9S3WY

My Thule tie-downs came with my Hullavator. https://www.thule.com/en-us/us/sport-rack/kayak-roof-rack-accessories/thule-quickdraw-_-85500999

NRS has a wide variety.

I bought some from Amazon and found them to be useless. The nylon was so slick, the strap would slip through the cam. I switched to nylon rope with a trucker’s hitch which turned out to be more secure, faster to fasten, and much cheaper.

Google knot guides and you’ll have everything you need to securely fasten your kayak.

You can certainly learn to use ropes, and securing the boat directly to the support bars would eliminate any need for hooks, so that either hook-less straps or ropes are perfectly suitable. Also, tying the boat directly to the cross bars will be more secure, with less “play” in the system, than any method of tying it to such far-away locations via the A-shaped strap arrangements shown in several of those photos.

@Guideboatguy said:
You can certainly learn to use ropes, and securing the boat directly to the support bars would eliminate any need for hooks, so that either hook-less straps or ropes are perfectly suitable. Also, tying the boat directly to the cross bars will be more secure, with less “play” in the system, than any method of tying it to such far-away locations via the A-shaped strap arrangements shown in several of those photos.

I’m actually able to secure the Kayak the the rear support bar as it is actually designed for that…however the front crossbar is pretty flexible but I guess it may be worth a shot to go and try it anyway.

I use the Thule quickdraw ratchet device as well. Ropes get replaced every 2 years or so because they fray and degrade from UV.

On the kayak end I replaced the Thule carabiner that was very sharp at the opening with one that has a smooth opening.

At the vehicle end I use the supplied hooks on my factory tow hooks on the front and the trailer hitch safety chain holes in the back. With moderate tension they aren’t going anywhere.

I have a quick, neat and tidy way to deal with the extra rope too… Maybe I’ll post s pictute another time but not tonight.

NRS straps are very good.

Go to a motorcycle/ ATV shop. I have gotten some very nice straps there. ANCRA was one brand, FIRSTLINE another. I’m still using the ANCRA’s after almost years.

@string said:
NRS straps are very good.

I decided to just order the NRS straps and give them a try. Thanks again. I’ll definitely make sure that this Kayak is not going to fly off my truck before pulling out the driveway. It is great that they have the cam style cinch straps as so that I do not over tighten. Just have to wait like a whole Week as the weather is going to be rainy with thunderstorms this week.