Need suggestions for a kayak or canoe

You’re looking for a kevlar canoe, then. You want one that’s 14 to 15 feet. As I said, they will start to shake loose as summer ends and people realize they did not use them and have to store them. If you’re diligent and patient, you’ll score one for a song. Or you can keep your current canoe and get a sit-on-top Kayak as well.

Planning to pick up the Indian River today. 60 lbs, so it isn’t as light as I was hoping for. But the tunnel hull should make it nice and stable. I’ll use it a couple of times before the weather cools down and see what I think. Maybe keep an eye out over the fall/winter for a Native Ultimate 145 or a 45-50lb kevlar canoe as suggested.

Can I add a comfortable, folding seat to the Indian River? If yes, what brand/models should I consider?

Thanks for the input from everyone.

Got the Indian River. I was leaning towards the Native Ultimate 145, but it sold before I could get there. Still not sure I made the right choice by getting the Indian River Backcountry 14 vs the Ultimate 145. Should I have waited for another used 145 to pop up for sale? How would those two compare?