Never saw water 😂 slight hatch problem

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1295057200938083/

Hull doesn’t look bad.

1 Like

“hatch cover is dried out” has to be the understatement of the year. Tire track in last photo. Maybe someone ran over it!

1 Like

Never saw water :joy: that’s why hatches are dry? Still probably worth 700 if bottom is good.

Those are Valley hatches, which will spectacularly implode like that all on their own. Not uncommon actually. That’s a steal, though, someone needs to grab it and replace the hatch covers with Sealect Designs.

1 Like

Yes, a crumbled Valley hatch cover is 0 sign of abuse. It doesn’t matter how they’re used at all, or even if they’re taken off and stored in a climate controlled closet between uses. I’ve had many sets of Valley hatch covers crumble apart like that. Perhaps I should make it clear that there has been no exception to that rule. Every Valley hatch cover that has come with a kayak, new or used, and every expensive new set of replacement Valley hatch covers I have bought, every one has crumbled just like that. Kajaksport makes a Valley-sized replacement, as well as Sealect. I have yet to have any of those meet that same fate.