new car?

This is true, but he is my friend and I
am free to rub it in as much as possible. My experience, his experience no baloney. I am surprised by this, but an earlier post complaining about the Subaru’s mileage may indicate it does not deliver stellar mileage. I look at it and assume that one of it’s big attractions would be mileage. Bill

I have no choice, I have to lease under
these terms as the car is provided for me. I hear too many people on this board refering to American cars in ways that would make people think they are full of problems. The last five vehicles I have leased were never at the dealer for anything that was not my fault. Yes, the yardstick should be much longer than 70,000 miles, but if I said anything else I would be lying. This is my experience and it is all I can offer.

Bill

Okay.
I take back my assumption that you thought 70,000 miles with no problems was special. I still meet people who think that way though. I think you are right that plenty of American cars can be expected to be much more reliable than a lot of people would “like” to think.

Is it a turbocharged Forester?
That’ll cut the mileage a little. As will driving habits.

Fun BUT…
Audi drinks premium and a ton to fix. Saab/Volvo nearly as much fun, less to run, and only half a ton to fix.

Yes, Turbo Boxer Engine. He also has

– Last Updated: Apr-11-09 6:25 PM EST –

racks on the roof for skis and yaks. I drove in it today and was impressed with it. Nice interior and ride. The motor has a sound/vibration that is not totally pleasing to my ear, but it pulls well and is pretty smooth. The mileage is a problem in my opinion. All else was pretty darn good. Bill