New CLC kit ordered

I just ordered my CLC Transit Platform (pallet) kit! Not sure if I should varnish or oil. Here is link CLC Build-Your-Own-Pallet Kit

6 Likes

It’s sure to be a big hit !!
I hope you can get it today on your special day :+1:

That’s excellent. I wonder if someone will offer a carbon fiber version :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve seen pallets painted like an American Flag propped up in people’s front yards. With such beautiful wood, maybe you should do that with your pallet too?

If you check with local businesses they are often plagued with pallets left behind from deliveries and will be overjoyed if you will haul a few away for free. A lot of trash companies will not pick them up.

Of course they will not be works of art like the ones you make from a CLC kit or be as weather resistant.

1 Like

What are you moving on your pallet?

Gotta hand it to the folks at CLC–that’s an over-the-top April fools. The prototype, the photos, the video and the catalog entry took time and effort. The product availability date was about the only clue. Well, I guess the product itself was a pretty strong hint. So was the price, but, you know, inflation and all. It wasn’t until I saw, deep in the product description, that it came with a spiral-bound, 165-page assembly manual that I was sure it was a joke.

I wish I saw it when Andy posted it. It would have been funnier closer to the date.

I thought it was hilarious! I recognized it right away when I went to the website and saw the guy lovingly applying lacquer to the finely sanded hardwood. I worked in factories 15 years and I can tell you NObody puts more than 60 seconds into assembling a pallet! :rofl: :rofl: A special day indeed!

When I started making Native American style flutes a friend gave me some Mahogony he had scrounged from pallets from overseas. He said many were made from whatever wood was available and you could find some good exotic wood in them.

1 Like