New Lendal NA Paddles

Both some comments and questions here…not a paid advertisement either…lol.

First I just wanted to say that I am pretty impressed with the new Lendal paddles. I had been a Werner user for years, and also used Saltwoods quite a bit. I switched over to the Lendals a couple of years ago. The early Lendal NA paddles had some issues in my opinion but I think they have worked through them now.

I have one of the newer Storm paddles and just got a Carbon Cadence as well. I really like both. The blades have a very nice catch and solid feel. The Cadence is great for distance without inducing fatigue, yet has a surprisingly solid catch for such a small blade.

In short, I think these are great paddles and when paddling back to back against my Werner foam core blades I find the Lendals to be noticeably superior for me. I bought both of my paddles from Marshall at the River Connection.

Now for my questions…Has anyone tried any of the new Lendal paddles that have the “flex” shaft. I They are a tad heavier but the shaft is supposed to give a little bit of flex. Sounds intriguing to me, but I am not ready to jump on one until I can get some feedback from folks.

thanks

Matt

Flex
Hi Matt

Thank you.

The new shafts will have flex similar to what you might have felt with the Saltwoods. They are also at a lower price point compared to to the Lendal all carbon shafts.

I have some coming in the December shipment.

See you on the water,

Marshall

The Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

www.the-river-connection.com

fb.me/theriverconnection

Been liking my NA Lendals
Got a large carbon kinetic and a large fiberglass carve surfing specific paddle almost four years ago. Both 2 piece breakdowns straight shafts. Been great paddles, really solid setup with the keylock ferrule system.

Have had a great experience with all my Lendal paddles, feel they offer a great combination of lightness and durability, with a nice solid catch. The indexing on the new paddles is really nice as well.

Interested in a flex shaft, as I don’t get the time in for conditioning, but paddle hard when I do get out, which is hard on the shoulders.

Storm
J

Lendal sent me the prototype flex shaft MCS Storm awhile back. To start with I find the Storm a bit gentler than the Kinetic but still with significant bite on the catch. Side by side with one of my Demo Carbon Storms it definitely had a safer feel and as expected a bit heavier swing weight than the all carbon shaft. I’ll admit I’m spoiled by the light weight of that all carbon layup.

See you on the water,

Marshall

The Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

fb.me/theriverconnection

New batch of paddles just in, including some of the high pressure formed FG shafts.

Info and pics at

Fb.me/theriverconnection

See you on the water,
Marshall
The Connection, Inc.
Hyde Park, NY
fb.me/theriverconnection