New Lendal paddles?

Lendal, 4-pc, and foamcore … Sweet!
… now if they or someone just did the same for a foam core whitewater travel blade :slight_smile:

Kocho
The current X-Range shaft system indexes with a hole at 0 and is slotted to 60 either way for left or right feather. This addresses your concern.

I personally would only slot one way or another and have customers specify, and the index hole could also be specified. The full range ,as is, is good for demo’s and teaching etc, but I dont think any of us change our feather from L to R etc.

These are things that will get sorted out and they certainly hear from myself and Neil as well as others.

The tooling is all set up to do whatever is needed easily. Your input is noted.

Great info…
“The current X-Range shaft system indexes with a hole at 0 and is slotted to 60 either way for left or right feather. This addresses your concern.”

Good to hear - thanks for the heads-up.

“I personally would only slot one way or another and have customers specify, and the index hole could also be specified. The full range ,as is, is good for demo’s and teaching etc, but I dont think any of us change our feather from L to R etc.”

Agreed.

Good to hear!
Makes sense. Wish they could get into some agreement with Werner to use Werner’s ferule in the center and possibly give in exchange Werner the option to use the Lendal lock for Werner’s 3 and 4 piece designs… Wouldn’t that be the best of both worlds?

old blades
I’ve been paddling with nothing but Lendal paddles for about 8 years. My old blades fit nicely into the new shaft. I don’t feel any difference in the grip diameter when comparing the new shaft to the old. The one notable difference is that they did away with the shrink tubing on the grip surface. The entire shaft is wet sanded and smooth to the touch. The shaft is drilled so that the locking button pops out at zero feather, which is my greatest annoyance.

I have really big hands. Maybe Salty can talk them into making me a over-sized shaft with a locking RH feather angle. :]