Hello
Just signed up here! I live on gulf coast in Texas. Between Corpus Christi and Houston, closer to CC. I have been paddling about 50 yrs…canoes mostly . Until 5 yrs ago when I came to the coast i switched to kayaking. Just recently was given a sweet little eddyline sea kayak. Now that I’m about to be through a\ hand surgery, I’m ready to PADDLE on! Just signed up to circumnavigate Manhattan ! Who else here is going???

Welcome

@Jefa said:
Hello
Just signed up here! I live on gulf coast in Texas. Between Corpus Christi and Houston, closer to CC. I have been paddling about 50 yrs…canoes mostly . Until 5 yrs ago when I came to the coast i switched to kayaking. Just recently was given a sweet little eddyline sea kayak. Now that I’m about to be through a\ hand surgery, I’m ready to PADDLE on! Just signed up to circumnavigate Manhattan ! Who else here is going???

Always great to have a new paddler join, Jefa. That was a nice gift - which model Eddyline? I paddle a Fathom LV here in the Great Lakes area.

Quite a road trip, TX to Manhattan. I’ve gone around Manhattan in a boat, but never a kayak.

@Rookie said:

…I’ve gone around Manhattan in a boat, but never a kayak.

Me too, and I live not far from Manhattan.

I’ve paddled in the Hudson and out to the Statue of Liberty but I’ve never done a circumnavigation. I guess I can say I’ve done it on the Circle Line but never in an Eddyline!

Oh, and welcome aboard Jefa.

Welcome .

One of our sea kayak members paddles that paddle. Long miles, big crowds of boats, current and of course New York. He likes all of that.