New (or Old) Name for Hand of God Rescue?

Maybe (Rescue from Davy Jones’ Locker). :canoe:

Man overboard.

1 Like

All Gods Matter.

1 Like

Keel Over :canoe: :upside_down_face:

Washington redskins was a name sanctioned by the local tribe. The council had repeatedly stated that they were good with it. One of them designed the logo IIRC. Another self important persons solution to a icon that lacked a problem.

2 Likes

Was that the Fukowee Indians?

Yep, the 3’ pygmies who lived in the 6’ elephant grass. The came out when they heard about this and said " Ay, we’er the fugowie?"

I’ve been in that situation a time or 2.

I read the OP’s final post before he deleted it. I think he left the building.

This entire discussion has been very funny and very annoying. As a female who will be 75 this year, has a dog named Eskimo Pie (and another named Snickers), and lost one of my sons to suicide 2 years ago, there are more important things than what any rescue assist is called. If something like this were to bother me, I would just say ‘c’est la vie’ and go for a long paddle. Peace of mind is more important to me than PC.

9 Likes

I did not know the details of the hand of god rescue before reading this post.
If I was to name it from scratch, I would call it ‘log-rolling’, since the incapacitated paddler is pretty much deadwood during the rescue.

I also remember accidentally rolling logs while walking on the big raft of logs outside the paper mill on Lake Washington when I was a kid - doing this was exhilarating but a terrible idea with Darwinian potential.

However, I think HOG is catchy, so I might update the name to ‘HOG-rolling’.

1 Like

While I agree with Kayakhank that you are looking for a problem to solve, just call it “Helping Hand Rescue”.

a. No, this has not come up in my experience because the type of people who worry about this sort of thing are not people I would choose to paddle with.

b. I have developed no alternatives because I have more important things to concern myself with.

4 Likes

Since so many want change, most for their own reasons/issues/gratification; I would like to make a suggestion for change that would gratify me.

I personally dislike the title, Mr. President. I think it should be changed to Mr. Senile Stooge, and while we’re at it; let’s change Bill’s Gate’s name to God.

And let’s change “tempest in a teapot”, much ado about nothing", and “mountain out of a mole hill” to bullshi_ !

BOB

2 Likes

Hand of Bill Gates?
Just doesn’t have a ring to it… :sunglasses:

1 Like
  1. America, founded and blood shed in buckets to freely worship GOD! AND that means without harassment from other religions.
  2. Stuck upside down in a Hydraulic? Who do you rely on or ask for?
  3. Allah is not even called god, he is called a profit! Budda? Well we see the moral values of those who worship a statue of a fat man!
  4. PC? shove it!!
1 Like

I’m pretty sure my thoughts on this are NOT paddling PC but here goes: If more instruction and emphasis was put toward SELF rescue folks wouldn’t need God or god or Allah or Buddha or Bill Gates pulling them upright. Just my un-PC opinion.

I think for every hour spent practicing helping others we should spend a hundred hours making ourselves never-in-need-of-rescue. I paddle alone for Christ’s sake.
Doh!

1 Like

Here is one proposal and one question (even though the OP apparently wasn’t able to see the humor here and left):

Proposal: Hand of doG.

Question: I wonder if any members in the OP’s group ever say “Oh my God!”, or “Jesus!”?

I laughed my way through these replies by the way…well most of them.

1 Like

That would be culturally appropriating Harley Owners Groups

2 Likes

As a general statement. If you are paddling with me and I am stuck under the water…
I’m OK with you being a fat redheaded pink with purple polka doted left handed bearded pastafarian lesbian who calls the technique the “Pot holders of the Colander” … as long as I can take on air again after you do it.

3 Likes