New WS Tsunami Sizes for bigger paddlers

No way…

– Last Updated: Feb-24-06 7:07 PM EST –

That people sized 220 6-2 "who fit in the Tempest 165" No way. My wife paddled the Tempest 165 several times, quite well thank you very much, and she's 5-7 125. Me I'm 6-4 250, there is no way I'm getting in a boat that small and that narrow. Not going to happen.
So the Tsunami line is going to be opposite the Temest line. Even foot sizes for smaller paddlers, half foot for larger paddlers. Man how are we going to keep it all straight.
All right, forget about shipping a 160 to OC. Send my wife a 140, and me a 145 and a 165 to test paddle. Since it wasn't last week, the next several months will be fine, we're tied up with other stuff for a while anyway.
Steve, seriously, how are the 165 and 175 going to be sized compared to the 145? Kayak width and cockpit opening, since I can already guess the overall length. I can lift my knees up in the 145, one at a time. The foot pegs and thigh braces seemed just far enough out at the last spots. The cockpit wasn't too narrow.
Also, when you say that it wasn't weathercocking, was that rear quartering winds? That seems to be the worst conditions for me, but I'm not that experienced. And I hate fighting weathercocking.
Sorry for the longish post, I am looking to get a single kayak for tooling around in this summer.
Don

nope
we’re under way. brand new facility, state of the art infusion molds, lookin’ good!

:slight_smile:

steve

??

– Last Updated: Feb-24-06 8:31 PM EST –

a friend at a kayak shop called WS to find out how long it would take to get a glass boat and they were told 6 weeks. Which is the same thing they were told in May'05 and then it took three months. So it really is six weeks?

stock answer
6-8 weeks is what we are saying right now. If anything this is pretty accurate, as I know the new composite shop IS up and running quite smoothly.

can’t say about the past. times have been tough.

steve

break a bottle of champagne on the bldg
and start spittn’ em out. And if there’s a special super duper QC checker,make sure he/she is well cared for.

way…:slight_smile:
the 175 is sized just like the 145. size XL, different length.

steve

oh and…
sizingisn’t based on foot size. :wink: it’s just overal LOD (length on deck) 165 is 16 foot 6 inches or 16.5’.

tracking is the Tsunami’s fortay. wc is minimal, but rudders are optional.

steve

Am i missing something here?
Am i missing something here?

There’s already the Cape Horn series that’s got a very similar hull shape to the Tsunami and those come up to 17 ft long, i own one and it must be good up to a 260 lb paddler. in fact its way too lose for me at 6’1 and 180.

And there’s the Tempest series.

Here’s for the person that claims to be working for WS :

Why don’t you fix the water leaks in Cape Horns(along most fasteners and where the bow rope goes in), Come up with a NON-Leaking hatch system for the Tempests, solve the horrid oil canning on Duralite models. Fix the issues you already accumulated,maybe come up with a HV version for the Cape Horn line, and then go chasing the BiG Mac with extra cheeze market, trust me, they can’t run that fast.

I’ll be keeping my ear to the ground
waiting for the 145’s, 165’s, and 175’s to hit the local shop.

So what I hear you saying is the cockpit is basically the same length, and the kayak widths are the same.

Well if you say you got some 220 kayaker in a tempest 165, it must be so. Better him than me.

By the by, my freinds call me Big D, and I move fast enough. Harder to hit a moving target. :>

Big D