Newbie has question about water in hull

Hi all…I recently bought a new Tarpon 100 SOT and took it out for first kayaking experience ever. It was a lot of fun. I did get the expected water down by my feet, from water dripping off the paddle. However what I did not expect was about a gallon of water inside the hollow hull/storage area after about 2 hours of paddling. I did unscrew the plug and drained it out. I had put the foam golf balls in the scupper plugs which seemed to do fine. They are sort of sticking out. My question is, is this a normal and expected amount of water? Where could it be coming from, and is there a way to seal it out? What do I do if it fills up this much, and I am taking my 7 hour kayaking class? Thanks for any thoughts…

Return to dealer…
You got a leaker…

Demand replacement…

yep
sounds like a leaky scupper hole. return to dealer, they’ll replace and the leak can be fixed by a plastic welder pretty EZ. Many SOT’s have issues like this

steve

Thanks…am going this weekend.
I filled the boat with water then swooshed it around…water was coming from a scupper hole as well as from the drain plug. Will get it fixed this weekend…