Nice Paddle

Received the 230cm AT SL Tour today.
It’s only feather option is 45 degrees, even though it’s a two piece.

The drip rings are definately different than my other paddles. I hope the try the paddle in a solo canoe sometime in the next couple days to compare it’s drippiness to that of the Epic Relaxed Tour.

How different? any pic?

No pics yet.
If I do take some, I’d have to email them to you, since I don’t have a web hosting account for pictures.

AT SL Tour drips as much as Epic Relaxed
Tour - at least it did for me today paddling my Sawyer Starlight solo canoe.

The AT SL Tour is about 2 years old, 230cm with 45 degree feather only. The blade tips are a little roughed up.

The Epic Relaxed Tour with burgundy shaft was set to 45 degree feather and 225cm. It’s blade tips are also a little roughed up.

Drips Conclusion: They both dripped a lot of water onto my head, shoulders, legs, feet and the boat. I use a fairly high angle stroke while paddling my canoes and kayaks. Maybe you use a lower angle stroke.

Paddle feel observations: Both paddles are light and relatively low effort to use, but I think I actually preferred the feel of the AT over the Epic for this application.

I didn’t think I’d like the bent shaft on the AT because I don’t like the Bent shaft on my Werner Kalliste, but I did like it and found it very comfortable. My right wrist actually felt better with the AT than with the Epic.

The AT is more flexy then the Epic - it kind of snapped back at the end of the stroke. The Epic doesn’t do that. Both are relatively easy on the joints compared with paddles with larger and more heavily loaded blades.