No PFD again

Sad

Looks like he wasn’t wearing a leash either. Even good swimmers should wear a pfd. I’m sorry for the family but this could have easily been avoided.

Advice not just for paddlers. Boaters, too; even highly trained individuals hired to control invasive species. The video says it all:
http://upnorthlive.com/news/local/search-continues-for-missing-boater-in-sturgeon-bay-three-already-saved

Water temperature was reported at 62F that day. The Boston Whaler was filmed at my launch site to Sturgeon Bay. I know I’m going to think of Michael Kandel when I paddle there.

The writer of that article should be flipping burgers somewhere. It’s a great example of how not to report news. None of it made sense.

@DrowningDave said:
The writer of that article should be flipping burgers somewhere. It’s a great example of how not to report news. None of it made sense.

Agree wholeheartedly.

@DrowningDave said:

Unfortunately, it seems the “Journalist” is heading in the direction of the dinosaur?

That’s true. Unfortunately they don’t pay much anymore so all the good writers are doing something else for a living. My brother was a well-paid sports writer for decades, now he works for the court system while some yahoo right out of college does his job.