Noivember 11th

Does every message on this forum now have a Nov 11th date on it?

Generally when there is a forum migration, all migrated posts are time stamped with that time. Your new post is stamped 4:11pm Nov 18.

I haven’t seen that with other forum migrations, but the problem now is that threads no longer seem to be in chronological order and folks are/will be responding to zombie threads from long ago.

Maybe in this new format, the threads will remain active, rather than being archived and we won’t any longer have those zombie threads.

Well, that would be good and overall I certainly like the new look, and the new functionality on offer here.

@kfbrady said:
Does every message on this forum now have a Nov 11th date on it?

Really sorry about the messed up dates. We had a problem with the data migration (obviously). I just ran a couple updates, which fixed the dates that occurred before the migration. Unfortunately, that screwed up dates for everything post-migration. I’m going through discussions and comments one-by-one and entering dates and times as best I can. They won’t be exactly correct, but they’ll at least be in chronological order. Please accept my apologies.

Oh, no problem. “Stuff” happens!

Thanks for trying to sort it all out.

I appreciate your understanding. :smile:

Once I get the date stuff straightened out, I’m going to try to resurrect the discussions between Nov 11 and Nov 17, but that is going to be a bigger challenge. (I’ll make sure to back up the database before I do it, though. Fool me once…)

@karls said:
Really sorry about the messed up dates. We had a problem with the data migration (obviously).

… The upside being I’ve read a lot of discussions from way back that I hadn’t seen before. Lots to learn. :slight_smile:

The downside: Not knowing what’s really old and shouldn’t be resurrected.

I’m sure it would be best to start a new discussion on this, but since this is turning into an “Issues with Migration” discussion, shall I add in that two lines for an editor is way too small? Maybe you’re trying to get people to be more concise rather than prattle on? :wink:

@Sparky961 said:
I’m sure it would be best to start a new discussion on this, but since this is turning into an “Issues with Migration” discussion, shall I add in that two lines for an editor is way too small? Maybe you’re trying to get people to be more concise rather than prattle on? :wink:

LOL, yeah, that should be fixed now. Can you do a hard browser refresh? Hold the shift key while pressing the refresh/reload button. After that, the comment field should automatically expand as you type in it. It’s working for me now, but if it doesn’t work for you, let me know (and tell me which browser/version you’re using) and I’ll work on it.

@karls said:
It’s working for me now, but if it doesn’t work for you, let me know (and tell me which browser/version you’re using) and I’ll work on it.

Yup, seems to work as you’ve described. Much better now that I can see how much I’ve been rambling on.

As a former web developer in another life, I can appreciate what needs done to get a beast like this in order. Thank you for the rather thankless work you do.

@Sparky961 said:
As a former web developer in another life, I can appreciate what needs done to get a beast like this in order.

Yep, definitely a beast.

Thank you for the rather thankless work you do.

Not thankless anymore! :wink: